Position Purpose: Oversight of credit policy, underwriting, and administration in support of commodity finance and commodity trading business lines within FCStone Merchant Services.
- Develop credit policy to include guidelines for credit underwriting, structuring, documentation, booking and monitoring.
- Underwrite credit and / or oversee credit underwriting for approval by internal risk management groups.
- Act as an effective first screen on all credit related requests initiated by business origination groups, where request does not meet prudent risk parameters collaboratively work with business development to structure alternate solutions.
- Oversee documentation development and execution through close work withinternal and outside legal counsel, and internal risk management groups.
- Monitor credit risk and client relationships while communicating with necessary departments within the company such as Operations (Back Office), Middle Office, Credit, Compliance, and Market Risk.
- Identify and mitigate risks within the existing client portfolio.
- Work with internal trading groups to support business development and growth, while mitigating credit risk.
- Assist in the managing of day to day operations of Merchant Services, including but not limited to coordinating front office activities, business development, acquisitions and strategy development.
- • Bachelor’s degreepreferred, in Finance, Economics or related field
- Ability to exercise good judgment in assessing opportunities and risk
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of physical commodity markets and credit management
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Minimal physical requirement other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment