Who is Code42? Code42 is an enterpriseSaaS company that develops a solution that backs up all distributed end-user data on a single, secure platform. Our platform enables IT,security, and business teams to limitrisk, meet data privacy regulations, and recover from data loss, no matter the cause. That's why top-name brands and large organizations entrust their data to our industry-leading and award-winning solution. Code42 is proud to be a well-funded private company backed by several of the most successful venture capital firms includingAccel, JMI, NEA, and Split Rock Partners.
Who do we look for? Here at Code42 we look for people who are off-the-charts smart, but enjoy a little levity in between cerebral challenges. We look for people who want to help our company grow and who want to grow their careers. We look for people who like to ask questions, solve complex problems, collaborate effectively, think creatively and provide diverse insight to help us all think better and differently.
Code42 seeks a driven and engaged senior corporate marketing leader with a successful track record building and leading communications, brand and content strategy globally. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Vice President of Corporate Marketing leads a team of internal and external communications, social media, content, design and EMEA marketing professionals, and works closely with Code42’s Marketing, Sales, and Executive Teams.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing and executing global strategies and campaigns for communications, brand, and content, that directly support company goals.
- Leading a high-performance team of content, brand, design, communications, social media, and EMEA marketing professionals
- Driving corporate media/public relations and analyst/influencer relations initiatives by working closely with communications, sales, and product teams.
- Serving as strategic partner to the executive leadership team to advance Code42’s brand and market position by implementing executive media strategy and speakers bureau.
- Building thought leadership, defining issues and topics that drive engagement, and creating compelling stories that bring Code42 to life.
- Evaluating and championing key agency resources, relationships and results for corporate communications, social media, brand, and content.
- Creating, architecting and promoting corporate content for all stages of the buyer journey.
- Partnering with demand center marketing team to develop primary and derivative content assets for some or all of the following: inbound and outbound digital marketing; paid, earned, and owned channels; thought leadership and demand creation-focused content.
- Working cross-functionally with product/portfolio and marketing demand center teams to identify company positioning and messaging that resonates with key audiences.
- Bringing the Code42 brand to life through multi-faceted brand campaigns that drive demand for Code42 in key geographical markets.
- Building and evolving company position, brand, and identity playbooks and guidelines.
- Working with social media to develop corporate social media strategy and governance.
- Implementing a “science-driven” approach to create plans, measure and monitor content, brand, and corporate communications effectiveness; present results to leadership on a consistent cadence.
- Establishing common objectives for the Corporate Marketing team that align with overall Marketing and Company direction.
- Building a strong team by coaching and developing existing members and closing talent gaps where needed through acquisition of new team members.
- Fostering strong peer relationships inside and outside of the Marketing team.
- Enhancing Marketing’s thought leadership and partnership across the organization.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 15 or more years B2B corporate communications leadership/management experience
- 5 years of hands-on corporate marketing, content marketing and/or public relations experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B corporate communications, content and brand campaigns
- A strong understanding of PR agencies, industry analyst, social media and influencer ecosystems and a track record of media and AR programs that generate results.
- Professional presentation, positive energy and ability to work across organizational lines, command respect, and influence without authority
- Sophisticated research, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Flawless writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of information security and enterprise software industry segments as well as a variety of buyer personas across IT, security, and legal.
- An agile agent of change who thrives in a start-up environment while leading a corporate marketing function via big-company thinking
- Skilled and proven experience bringing new campaigns and ideas to life
- Mature, yet entrepreneurial; can roll up sleeves and achieve goals regardless of obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant degree