Responsible for all aspects of the company's engineering capex and process manufactuirng activities. The Vice President of Engineering will focus on the structuring and operation of global engineering teams, Capex and strategy as a cohesive unit; the conceptualizing and day-to-day management of simultaneous projects; delivering manufacturable solutions agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, and the fostering of innovative solutions to customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company's strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Assure that product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Hire and direct staff of senior group members to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
- Education & Experience: Minimum BSEngr, 10+ years of industry engineering experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- "Out of the box thinker" must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Competent in electronic hardware and software design.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- MSEngr / MBA or PhD a plus
- Experience in the Chemical, Speiclayt Chem or Oil& Gas/Provcess industry strongly preferred