As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a VP Corporate Development who is a strategic advisor to the CEO/CFO/COO, and a key member of the CFO’s leadership team. Involved in shaping corporate strategy, and partnering with Business Fields and Commercial/Regional teams as they develop strategies. Leads the company’s acquisition, partnership, and licensing activities, as well as special projects and integration activities as needed. Manages a talented, versatile team of professionals. Frequent interaction with Executive Leadership Team (ELT), The Carlyle Group, and the Board of Directors. This position is located in Raritan, NJ.
- Helps develop and continually refine the corporate strategy with a global perspective; ensures that external and market perspectives are considered; collaborates with Business Fields and Commercial on strategy development and execution.
- Maintains and manages a robust pipeline of potential domestic and international acquisition/partnership/license targets that are well aligned with strategic priorities.
- Develops and manages an effective Corporate Development process, including clear process steps and business case templates, as well as engagement and alignment of key stakeholders.
- Leads the execution of transactions (acquisition/partnership/licenses) of strategic importance, ensuring that transactions are completed on terms that create value. Effectively balances strategic, commercial, technology, financial, and legal considerations.
- Leads special projects and initiatives as necessary.
- Ensures the integrity of internal controls and effectiveness of business processes within appropriate span of control.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a high-performing team of talented professionals.
- Capable of generating market/product insights and influencing strategic plans that have potential to generate value for the company. Strong market analysis skills, with the ability to be an expert on global diagnostics and related markets, including competitors, customers, products, and technologies.
- Proven experience in identifying, negotiating, and executing successful acquisitions and alliances in a corporate setting. Strong financial acumen.
- Effective at building strong internal and external relationships and maintaining productive internal and external professional networks.
- Results oriented – effectively combines business acumen, sound decision-making, and a bias for action.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills – capable of motivating and managing organizations or project teams to deliver desired results.
- Effective communication skills – capable of articulating compelling strategies and action plans; able to balance listening and advocacy to achieve decisions that are well supported; gains leadership and organizational commitment.
- Prior experience with a global healthcare company required, with previous diagnostics experiencepreferred.
- 10 years of relevant functional experience, including business/corporate development, investment banking and/or strategy consulting; MBA preferred.