$250K — $500K+*
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 4.7 billion Euros turnover, more than 800 laboratories across 48 countries and more than 50,000 staff.
Identify, develop, manage and close a set of M&A deals fitting the business strategy and needs for a specific geographical and functional area of responsibility.
· Heading the North American US team:
o Leading and mentoring a team of highly talented 3-4 M&A associates / associate directors
· Coordination of M&A pipeline:
o Market analysis, identification and liaising with potential future Eurofins partners;
o Prepare and manage the confidentiality agreements and gather and analyse preliminary data such as audited account, shareholding and leadership details;
o Evaluate targets based on their business and financial condition and outlook and recommend deal structure;
o Advise on the Transaction process and tactics, in particular interfacing with the potential targets, its shareholders or advisors and assist the business leaders in preparing negotiation documents required to progress a transaction towards completion including term sheets, heads of agreements, indicative offer letters or exclusivity agreements as required;
o Coordinate the due diligence and coordinate the activities of other external advisors (e.g. legal counsel, auditors) as required by the company;
o Assist negotiations and related strategy, attend meetings and give comments on sale and purchase documentation until signing/closing as required by the company;
o Validate the acquisition contracts, representations and warranties, …;
o Coordinate the closing of the deal, including financial settlements.
o Perform excellent peer reviews and support, in relation to the workload, similar activities in other lines of business/countries.
· Integration of the acquired companies
o Assist in setting up reporting and quality of communication between the new Eurofins partners and the general management of Eurofins;
o Support a potential legal reorganisation of some companies, fiscal and financial optimisation;
o Follow-up any post-closing obligation resulting from the acquisition (earn-outs…);
o Prepare shareholder resolutions and follow-up annual account and post-closing performance.
Education / Professional Experience
· Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering from a top university; MBA is considered a plus;
· High potential, ‘next generation’ finance leader;
· Min 10-15 years in Audit (Big 4) / Consulting, M&A (industry or boutique), Investment Banking or Private Equity; preferably experience in executing M+A strategy for an acquisitive corporate;
· Previous exposure and solid understanding of the M&A process (NDA, LOI, DD, SPA, PMI….);
· Excellent interpersonal, communication & team leadership skills;
· Outstanding technical / conceptual understanding of finance & valuations ;
· Fluency in English;
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint).
Potential to lead people (actual experience is a nice to have but not a must).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Valid through: 6/24/2021