About the position
Prudential is looking for an experienced attorney with retail broker-dealer, securities and insurance experience. This attorney will work on a wide range of matters including legal issues impacting investment management, retirement, group insurance, annuities and life insurance distribution and regulatory issues. This position reports to the Chief Legal Officer of Prudential Investment Management LLC, and Prudential Annuity Distributors, Inc., each a registered FINRA broker-dealer, and ILI Distribution.
Among this attorney’s responsibilities will be the provision of counsel to management across multiple businesses.
The position will be based in Newark, NJ or Hartford, Ct.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Candidate will have a minimum of 8 to 15 plus years legal experience.
· Candidate will have experience as broker-dealer/insurance distribution counsel, including providing advice regarding FINRA, SEC and state insurance securities laws and regulations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the operations of retail broker-dealers and insurance companies.
· Knowledge of the distribution and regulation of insurance and securities products.
· Exposure to the following areas will also be helpful: corporate governance, advertising, AML, and privacy laws.
Candidate must have exemplary leadership, analytical, practical problem solving
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.