A stable, growing government contracting company in the DC metro area is searching for an accomplished, strategic leader to join their team.
The VP Controller will oversee the accounting function for the company, offering their strategic knowledge to ensure the continued success of the department.
This role works closely with Senior-level management and is a great opportunity for a driven professional to make an impact to this dynamic company.
Qualified candidates will possess an active CPA license as well as strong technical accounting experience within the government contracting industry.
The ability to lead a large team and provide expertise in all areas of accounting is crucial.
Experience with project management, interfacing with internal and external auditors and hands on experience with software implementations is strongly preferred.
· Active CPA
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
· 15+ years of progressive accounting experience
o Government contracting industry required
o Public accounting experience a plus
· Extensive technical accounting knowledge, including M&A
· Experience managing a team of 20+
· Experienceworking with Deltek Costpoint
· Proven track record of success within a high-level role