Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
In response to regulatory requirements, BNP Paribas is establishing a Global Markets Americas Front Office Controls Assurance and Testing function reporting into Strategic Control & Governance /COO Americas department. GM Strategic Control & Governance /COO is part of Global Markets Front Office, and is responsible for the design, assessment and effectiveness of the first level of defense framework. This newly created function will be tasked with ensuring that Front Office supervisory controls are being performed in an effective manner.
As part of the function, this Department Head will lead a team to execute the testing and verification of the established supervisory controls on a risk-based basis. The team will also make recommendations for corrective action and improvements in line with regulatory requirements and best practices. The scope of coverage will include all existing Global Business Lines (GBLs) within Global Markets Americas.
• Establish the new Department through recruiting and organizational development
• Determine controls testing program through risk-based assessments
• Develop Test scripts across all GBLs in order to test controls done by supervisors
• Coordinate with Front Office desks in order to help improve supervisory controls efficiency and effectiveness
• Liaise with, and maintain a good working relationship with Desk Heads, and Senior Management in order to help Desk Heads understand current controls and potential controls gaps
• Prepare Management reporting Indicators for Senior Management in order to show on a frequent basis how supervisors are conducting their controls
• Escalate potential controls breaches to relevant management
• Ensure there is an accurate and comprehensive audit trail of all relevant testing
• Excellent communication skills with senior management and transversal functions
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Market, Product and Business Experience
• Strong knowledge of Capital Market Activities
• Previous experience in a similar control function in Finance Industry
• Strong knowledge of market regulations
• Knowledge of Excel is essential
• PowerPoint Skills is essential
• Market, Product and Business Experience
• Control and/or testing background
• Audit, compliance, control experience strongly preferred
• 6-7 years minimum experience