Within Blackboard Consulting, the Enterprise Consulting team provides clients with solutions that address an organizations most pressing strategic issues. These services include identifying and designing innovative solutions for expanding through e-learning programs, course design services, creating leading edge education technology infrastructures and enhancing educational effectiveness through an emphasis on assessing learning outcomes. We help clients define goals, develop financial and organizational models, and create actionable strategies for successful implementation. We also work with clients in the effective implementation of all Blackboard products to support online teaching and learning, ensure successful adoption of the platforms, and maximize the educational returns on the client's investment.
Vice Presidents must be leaders who possess a proven track record of managing a professional services practice or software services organization, as well as having strong and proven business acumen for business development, understanding market needs and dynamics and envisioning new services to bring to market that support financial objectives. The Vice President is responsible for the financial and client delivery success of the consulting services engagement portfolio for the North American market, which consists of all markets North America including Higher Education, Business and Government and K12. It is their responsibility to ensure that the strategy put forth by Blackboard leadership is executed in the field. The functional responsibility and specific qualifications represent the minimum qualifications necessary for consideration.
The functionalresponsibilitiesof the Vice President are:
- Develop and execute on a North American market services strategy consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
- North American market Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility (must have experience in managing a P/L)
- Overall responsibility for all consulting engagements in the North America
- Works with regional sales leadership to develop detailed market plans for targeted markets and drive thought leadership on developing market specific services offerings
- Works with regional sales leadership and account managers to develop detailed capture plans for specific large strategic opportunities that require executive involvement
- Create meaningful year-after-year profitable revenue growth in services, training and support maintenance
- Direct field marketing efforts and ensure successful execution of campaigns to drive leads
- Coordinate relationships with authorized Service Providers, execute plans for training, and develop criteria to evaluate that their delivery is meeting agreed upon goals
- Evaluate and approve opportunities that have no standard pricing and/or terms and conditions
- Support engagement delivery and quality for key clients through on-site client interaction, review of deliverables and participation in critical meetings.
- Upholds and executes against Blackboard’s vision, mission and core values.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, including interaction and involvement across multiple departments including sales, marketing, product management, etc.
- Communicates regularly with key customers to assess customer satisfaction level with services and products.
- Represents Blackboard at regional conferences
- Must have Senior Management responsibility in either a software professional services organization or a large consulting firm with responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology related area required. Advanced degreepreferred
- PMP Certification Preferred
- 12+ years of professional experience, with 7+ years as a leader in a professional services organization, high preference for candidates with experience in the Higher Education market
- Minimum of 7+ years of people management experience at the corporate or multi-region level
- Proven experience in program or project management leading clients and team members through large complex system implementations and integrations
- Proven ability to establish strategic client relationships at large high value clients
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed global organization
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in a resource constrained environment and re-prioritize resources rapidly
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven experience as a valued contributor to the leadership team in strategically supporting a business through rapid growth and/or change.
- A strong network of relationships through the services and enterprise software community and the ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a large and diverse client and partner base
- Extremely high energy and stamina to perform consistently and at a high level in a very demanding environment.
- Location: Candidates must be located in major city with easy access to major airport, no relocation assistance provided
- Travel requirements: Up to 65%