Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Our Alternative Asset Advisory professionals work on a variety of challenging assignments in which we improve our clients' ability to identify, measure, control, diversify, mitigate, and/or exploit risk. Our team applies sophisticated mathematical models and innovative processes to design and evaluate complex financial instruments and whole loans, drawing upon the latest developments in mathematics, computer science, and finance theory. These approaches are married with applications that apply market experience and current data and conditions. Our clients gain understanding of complex issues and an ability to make decisions based on rigorous analysis and deep expertise, rather than best guesses, resulting in an enhanced ability to achieve their goals.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career.
- Expertise of financial valuation theory, methodologies, applications, and fundamentals of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models, and the financial theory underlying the models, including: using DCF & market approaches, option models, monte-carlo, and other structured investment models
- Ability to work on dozens of projects at the same time and granular attention to detail.
- Strong leader skills. The candidate should be a creative thought-leader, with the ability to lead a client engagement, onboarding new clients, working with analysts to use industry best practices in modeling and valuing investments and deliver reports to client on-time.
- Ability to respond to client questions, auditor questions, and investor questions. Ability to articulate and defend modeling approach under scrutiny.
- Strong risk mind-set with a working knowledge of cash flow modeling, default and prepayment modeling.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to find practical solutions to challenging problems.
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver solid action-oriented results under tight deadline
- Excellent problem solving analytical skills, detail-orientation, independent thinking, organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate assumptions, methods, and results to peers and management
- Team work and commitment a must
- PhD or masters in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics (or other related quantitative discipline).
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Fewer years of relevant experience will be considered for candidates with higher academic qualifications and/or certifications such as a PhD, a second Master's degree or CFA.
- Expertise in developing consumer residential, commercial credit loss models.
- Expertise in modeling structured credit, including ability to understand and appropriately model deal nuances from governing documents
- In-depth understanding of statistical inference and related techniques.
- Heavy focus on consumer loans across fintech companies, as well as brick and mortar loan products including residential, commercial, and consumer, and middle market loans.
- Deep knowledge in a statistical or analytical modeling language such as SAS, Matlab or R.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets using Excel or SQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of model performance measures.
- Programming skills: Python, Visual Basic, C/C++, R