Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Vice President, Compensation & Global Mobility for Universal Parks & Resorts is responsible for the creation and execution for the company’s domestic and international compensation strategy and ensuring alignment with business objectives and goals. It is also responsible for assisting employees relocating internationally for short and long term assignments (primarily Asia), with accountability for the design, delivery and administration of the company’s global mobility program.
- Lead the development, implementation, administration, communication and compliance of various domestic and international compensation models, incentive programs, including annual bonus plan and salescompensation. Directs annual merit process. Conduct job evaluations and identify emerging trends within the industry and specific regions of business operations.
- Conduct detailed, competitive research, analysis and modeling for compensation programs including annual increase budgets, competitive assessments of trends and impacts, equityutilization, and financial impact modeling of incentive design scenarios. Assist with the development, preparation and distribution of compensation communication materials.
- Provide guidance on compensation practices to HR Business Partners, in addition to providing consultative services to senior business leaders. Serve as subject matter experts on compensation-related matters, including market pricing, job evaluations and review of salary offers and requisitions.
- Ensure compliance with global employment-related statutory and/or regulatory requirements regarding employee pay and employment while remaining current on compensation-related legislation. Provide interpretation of and ensures compliance with federal and state legal requirements concerning employee pay, including FLSA and Wage & Hour regulations; maintains current knowledge of appropriate regulations.
- Direct integrated approach for moving talent across the organization. Drive global mobility vendor management, selection and oversight to ensure effective, compliant program. Provide oversight of tax consulting vendor, relocation vendor and immigration law firm negotiations, while providing request for proposal (RFP’s) and ensure service Level agreements (SLA’s) are met, as well as dispute resolution and special projects.
- Professionally lead, develop and engage Universal Parks and Resorts (UPR) compensation and global mobility Team. Manager departmental budgeting appropriately.
SCOPE: Responsibilities include compensation governance; job evaluation system design; annual compensation cycle management; short-term incentive plans, including sales incentives and othercompensation programs and responsibilities. This role will work with members of the Executive Leadership Team, as well as with company leaders in other global locations; therefore, a demonstrated leadership presence, with tax, relocation and immigration expertise and the ability to build strong relationships with diverse cultures is a requirement.
- Experience working in performance focused environment with demonstrated compensationexperience and in-depth knowledge in the areas of: base salary, market pricing, variable pay, data analysis, research and cost/benefit design modeling
- Long-term incentive compensationexperience, including RSU programs
- Strong knowledge and practical application of employment law & practices
- Experience developing and implementing sales and global compensation practices
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends & develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Experience preparing materials for presentation to leadership, including developing Board of Director level presentation
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiencerequired
- 10+ years of compensation design and analysis.
- 5+ years of global mobility experience.
- Minimum of 8years’ experience in HR function with global employees, with a strong functional emphasis in a complex multi-national organization
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certificate or
- Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) Certificate desired