Vice President, Communications
The external communications team is focused on driving programs and activities that build, support and defend Mastercard’s reputation among key audiences. The broader team has been designed to closely mirror the business and support the company’s efforts in delivering world-class payments experiences.
The vice president of product communications will report to the senior vice president of external communications and will be responsible for managing the integrated internal and external communications team that drives awareness and preference of the company’s unique product set.
This individual will serve as the primary relationship manager for senior executives across the product organization, leading a team of high-performing individuals who will provide communications and thought leadership support for the payments choices – both account and card-based – available to consumers and business. His/her team will connect the dots between the day-to-day products and solutions and the greater promise of Mastercard’s ability to do well and do good across regions and business units.
• Oversee coordination and implementation of a holistic internal and external communications program for product communications
• Serve as communications counsel for chief product officer
• Partner with executive vice president of product/B2B marketing to drive greater collaboration and connectivity in programs
• Enable greater alignment and support of regional product communications activities through incremental set of tools and processes
• Manage and mentor a cross-function team supporting the company’s diverse product set
• Drive increased use of social listening and market/industry insights to develop and implement programs
• Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
All About You
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Demonstrated track record of high-profile media relationships and placements
• Creative thinker possessing high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage to deadlines
• Led complex cross-functional projects locally or for several countries
• Issues and crisis management experience preferred, but not required
• Ability to translate complex business, economic and policy issues material into easily understood, actionable programs
• Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders
• Developed and implemented formal or informal learning and development programs to improve staff performance
Equal Opportunity Employer