The position is as part of the North American commodities credit team within the firm’s global Credit Risk Management department.
· Establish credit appetite and manage exposure towards new and existing counterparties in the utilities, independent power (combined cycle plants, wind and solar), electric co-op / municipal sectors.
· Negotiate and propose credit enhancements in structured derivative hedge transactions for the above mentioned counterparties.
· Perform detailed engineering reviews and assimilating this information into risk analysis
· Work closely with the legal and compliance to negotiate docs (ISDAs, CSAs, NAESB, EEI, etc), incorporate relevant credit terms to provide downside protection and ensure provisions compare closely to Morgan Stanley standards.
· Oversee the analyst/associate team responsible for portfolio management, maintenance of internal credit ratings, underwriting standards, and monitoring of derivative and specialized energy loan portfolios.
· Maintain watch list, perform sector analysis of counterparty risk and correlation. Maintain comparable company analysis for Morgan Stanley counterparties.
· Present large transactions for approval to senior management and credit committees.
· Minimum 6-8 years fundamental credit experience focused on the energy sector
· Relevant credit experience includes counterparty and sector analysis of companies in the above mentioned sectors as well as experience underwriting energy specialized lending structures, and project finance.
· Experience in reserve based oil & gas lending, volumetric production payments is preferred, but not required
· Ability to critically review information from independent engineering and project consultants
· Strong interpersonal and demonstrated management skills
· Flexibility to work in a team oriented environment across multiple functional areas simultaneously