We are currently seeking a Vice President, Commercial that will take responsibility for America’s regional P&L (AMER). There is flexibility for this person to work from a remote location. This role will also create and execute a regional go-to-market strategy that drives the sales of both standard products as well as engineered solutions and customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will drive revenue growth, perform to budget, and successfully execute strategic plans for the AMER region by directing, managing and controlling, sales, business development, and customer/technical support. In addition, this position will be a key member of the executive management team, leading in the development and execution of global go-to-market and channel strategies.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT:
- Mentoring and coaching of employee(s) to ensure personal/team growth and achievement of company goals or objectives
- Setting financial objectives for growth and planning and executing upon strategies necessary for the achievement of regional revenue and profit objectives
- Driving client satisfaction by providing exemplary customer service and technical support
- Establishing, tracking and reporting on key metrics for all managed functions and driving continuous improvement
- Operating as a visionary in high functioning cross-functional global teams to develop and implement long term strategic plans
- Embracing change as opportunity
DO YOU ENJOY COLLABORATING WITH:
- Product Development, Management and Marketing
- Regional Commercial Leads around the globe
- Supply Chain
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Managing a US-wide sales organization including business development and customer service/technical support
- Developing and implementing multi-brand strategies
- Managing different business channels within the same geographic market including direct and indirect channel sales
- Managing a regional P&L with turnover in excess of $40 million per year
- Building relationships with key customers and interacting at a senior executive level
- Conducting an effective employee selection, hiring and development process to assure a highly competent and satisfied workforce
- Administering the wage programs including performance appraisals and making recommendations for advancement and/or wage increases where warranted
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- Background in engineering through either education or work experience
- 10+ years progressive sales/marketing, business management and/or finance experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Routine travel locally and nationally, and occasionally internationally, may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, SAP, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting