JOB SUMMARY: The Vice President, Clinical Strategic Solutions will be responsible for providing working with relevant business development and operational leaders to design innovative, practical, and fiscally responsible strategies for inclusion in relevant business development documents and for use in the successful implementation and conduct of clinical trials. The individual will be instrumental in developing evidence-based clinical trial strategies. They will function as a subject matter expert (SME) for all aspects of clinical operations providing key strategic input to clients and internal teams, heavily relying on the unique data assets available at WCG. The role requires a strategic consultancy mindset, understanding of the power and use of data in study planning & site optimization activities across the clinical trial life cycle and the ability to communicate efficiently and effectivity with customers. The role will partner with business development across WCG and leverage their relationships and expertise to help drive the business. For specific accounts, this role may represent the organization as the executive sponsor for alliance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, life sciences, preferred.
- Advance degree, PhD and/or MBA preferred.
- Be considered a subject matter expert in operations delivery and strategy development; experience in strategic consultancy is preferred
- Strong experience in oncology clinical trial planning, execution and delivery
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant of drug development and clinical research experience (pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO), preferably including 5 or more years leading Phase II – Phase IIII clinical trials.
- Minimum of 8 years’ global leadership experience, ideally in a complex, virtual and matrix environment leading large multi-functional teams.
- Ability to access the data outputs and translate the information into valuable insights for customer requests in support of site identification, feasibility and study planning activities
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work with all levels of leadership, management and staff, both business and technical, as well as customers and vendors; Ability to adapt communication style to the targeted audience will be required.
- Ability to inspire, to lead by example, and motivate teams to seek solutions and get results.
- Extensive experience in operational delivery, leading employees towards a common goal and vision, financial analysis (P&L, budget, forecast) and strategic planning.
- Provide thought leadership and support sales support to teams in driving new opportunities in the clinical operations space.
- Ability to perform as subject matter expert on WCG SP&SO products and services.
- Must be highly organized and very detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and achieve measurable results.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities; ability to analyze data to build evidence-based strategies.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required as well as proficiency with the entire MS Office suite.
- Strong analytical ability to utilize data and turn into meaningful insights for customers, both internal and external
- Presenting at industry conferences, leading webinars and authoring articles for industry publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Partners with other groups to develop new business and to deliver existing business and ensuring the timely execution of clinical trials and other services on key accounts.
- Subject Matter Expertise: As an SME, provides strategic operational insight to clients and internal teams to drive business success. This will include attending client meetings; providing guidance on client presentations; assisting in strategy development for client proposals.
- Develops excellent working relationships with the Business Development leadership team to enable advanced business planning for project delivery and expansion of the portfolio of business.
- Responsible for leveraging proprietary clinical trial investigator database combining operational data across business units unified into a single application and associated clinical services, known as WCG Knowledge Base
- Serves as a consultant to executive management, applying advanced concepts and tactical strategies to accomplish long-range objectives and drive industry leading innovations.
- New Products/Services and Innovation: Contributes to and support the creation, development, and launch of new WCG products and services.
- Strategy Development: Assists in the creation and execution of new WCG strategies.
- Identify and propose new operational processes, programs and resolutions designed to meet current and emerging customer needs to achieve growth, excellent outcomes and high customer satisfaction.
- Thought Leadership: Publishes white papers; drafts journal articles; speaks at industry conferences; participates in webinar development.
- Maintain and assess industry trends, market conditions, company strengths and areas for improvement as they relate to WCG business solutions.
- Set and manage client/prospect expectations and proactively coordinate and communicate with internal staff during service cycle.
- Coordinate with executive management team to ensure tactical and strategic goals of the organization are achieved.
- Support clinical solutions across the WCG divisions, as needed and assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.