The primary responsibility of the Vice President Client Marketing - Direct Sales and Services is to develop, implement and manage all facets of American Century Investments’ marketing strategy with respect to the firm’s direct to consumer business (“Direct Channel”). The candidate will be charged with working across the organization to drive acquisition of new shareholders (including those addressable through partnership arrangements), increase share of wallet, enhance client experience and retention of current shareholders within the Direct Channel.
- Demonstrate personal leadership within integrated marketing, Direct Sales and Service and across the Client and Marketing Performance Groups.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Direct Sales and Service, and internal and external business partners.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams, serving as a key marketing liaison for Direct Sales and Service across the marketing Performance Group.
- Drive a more modern, digital-first and data-driven marketing agenda to help Direct Sales and Service grow its core business, expand into new customer segments and enhance client persistency.
- Create comprehensive, actionable marketing programs in support of the Direct Sales and Service business plan through collaboration with channel leadership, other marketing colleagues, and business partners across the organization.
- Define client-specific target audiences, customer journey maps and all marketing touchpoints leveraging internal and external data.
- Partner with Direct Sales and Service leadership to gain insight and knowledge of retail clients. This includes key needs, trends and emerging opportunities to drive program strategies.
- Consistently demonstrate how marketing can help the sales cycle. This includes relevant, on-going and appropriate follow-up efforts.
- Partner with business leaders and other colleagues to plan and execute special events (e.g., webinars, speaker series, community events) designed to enhance brand awareness and acquire new clients.
- Successfully meet expectations tied to the established marketing efficiency and effectiveness benchmarks.
- Manage team of marketing professionals, drive all related talent development and administer compensation functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing primarily direct consumers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing programs with external partners.
- Strong digital and social marketing background
- Experience in leveraging CRM tools (i.e., SalesForce), marketing automation (i.e., Eloqua, Pardot) and data mining methodologies.
- At least 7-10 years of directly relevant financial services experience
- Ten plus years' experience in marketing program and strategy development.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.