The Vice President of CIEM will help develop, shape and lead Ralph Lauren’s customer analytics and insights initiatives. The VP is charged with driving business growth through actionable insights gathered from customer data. Responsibilities include setting a vision for, designing and implementing best-in-class database analytics, primary/secondary research and CRM initiatives.
The ideal candidate will bring multi-disciplinary subject matter expertise in marketing analytics and consumer insights with a strong foundation in CRM. With an ability to think broadly in line with long-term goals, s/he will have strong business acumen and should be able to identify and communicate actionable insights. Importantly, the candidate must be able to translate complex analytical concepts into practical terms and motivate people throughout the organization to adopt new business practices, by clearly articulating business needs and the impact of customer analytics on business performance. The candidate will have experience lending credibility and expertise in a change management environment, being able to gain momentum and create alignment with disparate parts of the organization. Serving as much as an educator and evangelist as an executor, s/he will be effective working across an organization to create alignment and collaborative participation, bringing strong communication skills, gravitas, and executive presence to deliver measurable results and transform the business.
This position is charged with the development of customer insights / analytics to support Ralph Lauren’s global business units (Department Stores, Factory Stores, Ralph Lauren Stores and RalphLauren.com). The primary areas of effort will include strategic and tactical support of each channels CRM strategy as well as the development of analytics to support critical channel strategy decisions. This role leading CIEM’s (Customer Intelligence & Experience Management) Channel Engagement team will partner with CIEM’s Data Science, Consumer Insights and Brand Engagement teams to prioritize the team’s direction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop regular consumer insights and provide a framework to guide a strategic discussion about consumer strategies for CIEM
· Oversee CIEM consumer segmentation and contact strategy, campaign selection, execution, measurement & analysis. This individual will also be responsible for driving recommendations to evolve our contact strategies and manage consumer experiences
· Develop strategies to acquire and retain long-term profitable customers
· Analyze business intelligence, marketing channel effectiveness, customer lifetime value, customer behavior & satisfaction
· Strategic planning of annual and seasonal marketing plans in partnership with Marketing teams
· Build marketing program financial models to support business unit goals, partner with Marketing teams, Store Operations, Finance, Planning and Creative Services. Reforecast based upon business trends.
· Responsible for forecasting incremental sales generated from all marketing programs and consumer segments on Monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis.
· Assist in the planning, forecasting and measurement of marketing’s impact to the business
· Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional and inter-company peers
· Develop the skillsts of a set of driven team members
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Ability to build productive relationship with key leaders in order to provide influence and ensure profitable action is taken to improve customer experiences
Ability to partner effectively with a variety of stakeholders at a variety of levels
Mastery of CRM strategies and tactical executions across direct mail, email and digital performance marketing channels
Strong attention to detail with exemplary analytical capabilities
Articulate thoughts eloquently for senior levels of management
Ability to remove complexity from inherently complex analytics / segmentations and communicate concepts both verbally and in written form in an easy-to-understand manner with clear, data-driven recommendations
Strong understanding how customer analytics can be applied in a retail environment and a willingness to learn how they can best be applied within the Ralph Lauren brand
Ability, willingness and passion for serving as our customers’ advocate
Demonstrate and nurture an innate sense of curiosity
Understanding of and interest in business financials, ROI & profitability
Strong analytical abilities, including proven application of learnings to drive profitable sales
Demonstrated critical thinking skills with an ability to make decisions for the business
Team-player; ability to work with all business divisions in a proactive manner and drive results
Adapts easily to changing situations and demonstrates flexibility in juggling priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
10 – 15 years in Direct Marketing, Analytics, CRM/Database and/or Online Marketing; minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
Well-versed in all aspects of business intelligence, marketing analytics & retail analytics
Demonstrated team leadership and management skills
Proven ability to mentor and develop staff
Analytical or Marketing role within a Retail company a plus