Imprivata was launched in 2002 with the clear goal of making it easier for clinicians to access health information. We have succeeded, with over 4 million clinicians around the world, using Imprivata for secure and convenient access. Now we are taking on new and exciting challenges in healthcare. We’re looking for skilled professional that can help propel us into new areas of growth.
Take a walk around our offices and you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun. Join one of the Boston Globe’s 2017 Best Places to Work!
We are seeking a Vice President, Channel Sales.
The Vice President, Channel Sales is responsible for the design, building and execution of Imprivata’s channel business. Responsible for driving sales through Imprivata’s Valued Added Resellers (VAR) channels by identifying, developing and supporting partners as well as increasing sales, monitoring results and maximizing revenues. Responsibilities include maximizing revenue in existing healthcare customers and penetrating new target healthcare organizations and systems. The position has full accountability for revenue growth along with related budget management, planning and sales execution with a major emphasis on growing Imprivata’s healthcare business. Ability to travel about 50% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define channel strategy based on Imprivatas’ target markets
- Drive, delegate and coach the strategic execution of territory and account penetration plans, consultative selling strategies, effective presentations skills and product knowledge.
- Establish strategic relationships with key Imprivata Partners (HIS, EMR, Infrastructure, etc.) in the target Healthcare markets.
- Construct and close large, complex deals on indirect opportunities.
- Seek and nurture strategicpartnership relationships by identifying and exploring potential relationships with VARS; engaging key personnel and building relationships; communicating company vision and product potential; negotiatingpartnershipagreements:
- Respond to “Become a Partner” form submissions via Imprivata.com and engage VARs in discussions regarding partnership options.
- Process VAR paperwork and set-up including application processing, welcome kit and account set up in SFDC and deal registration system.
- Work with Imprivata sales engineers to ensure new VARS are on-boarded effectively for shortest time to revenue.
- Connect VARS with appropriate Imprivata sales rep based on opportunity brought forth.
- Conduct ongoing outbound recruiting activities for defined markets
- Drive revenue by managing partners to desired partner tier expectations:
- Track, review, and address partner performance against contractual commitments for bookings, training and NFR requirements. Address issues when performance falls below expectations.
- Provide lead generation support to partners for regional trade shows, Marketing campaigns and other joint marketing activities. When appropriate, manage MDF process, lead handling and closed-loop reporting.
- Manage deal registration process. When necessary, provide reps with guidance on channel conflict.
- Manage operational relationships with non-VAR partners including DMRs (PCConnection, CDW) and ISVs (Siemens, Cerner)
- Channel training and communications
- Coordinate monthly worldwide technical briefings conducted via Webex.
- Ensure new product launches and/or releases are understood and integrated quickly within partner portfolio.
- Channel Program Administration
- Maintain current agreements and other legal documents.
- Ensure SFDC reflects proper partner status.
- Create partner reports in SalesForce.com.
- Interact with Finance to resolve partner margin issues
- Ensure partner portal is current with messaging, products and pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or in a relevant discipline or equivalent years of experience.
- 15+ years sales experience with 7+ yrs. in sales management.
- 5+ yearexperience selling software solutions into the healthcare industry experience, possibly with an HIS or EMR vendor.
- Success in leading and developing geographically dispersed teams to meet and exceed plans
- Significant experience with the development and management of indirect sales channels to include strategic alliances and value added resellers.
- A persona that exudes experience-based confidence that enables the ability to present and sell to “C” level decision makers including CIO, CMIO and CMOs
- The ability and pre-disposition to work collaboratively with the, executive staff, technical architects and sales engineers to provide marketplace feedback to ensure that the product and solutions are correctly attuned to the healthcare marketplace.
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to travel to customer and client sites a large amount of the time.
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.