The Compliance Advisory position involves covering the Equities Derivatives businesses within the US CIB including plain vanilla flow products as well as structured products that are offered to the firm’s institutional clients.
Provide regulatory advice and guidance concerning the firm’s flow and bespoke structured solutions as well the firm’s algorithmic and electronic trading platforms for equities and derivatives trading. The position will work closely with front office trading, IT, legal and risk to understand strategies and requirements needed to develop and execute transactions
- Assist the firm supervisor’s and other control functions in determining whether appropriate level one controls are in place to monitor and ensure the data integrity of new and existing systems utilized for trading;
- Work with Business Managers, IT and Compliance Surveillance teams to develop processes, policies and procedures for development and implementation of algorithms, design periodic testing of trading systems, algorithms and tradereporting;
- Provide advice to front office traders, system developers and IT support on general Compliance issues, including current regulatory framework for algorithmic trading;
- Provide advice on new products, new systems, connections to new market centers, and rule changes;
- Review Business Requirements documentation to ensure that proposed changes align with new or existing rules / regulations;
- Review functional documentation to ensure that proposed system changes align with the rules they are designed to follow;
- Review testing plans designed by Business Analysts pertaining to system modifications;
- Review expected test results on user acceptance testing (UAT) to the extent that the system is following functional specifications;
- Participate and advise various Committees on regulatory issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of strong compliance experience in both securities and futures trading, having worked closely with algorithmic or market-making traders, in a trading floor compliance role.
- Must have working knowledge of the Securities Exchange Act of 1933 and 1934, FINRA, NYSE, listed option exchange rules, Commodity Exchange Act and future exchange rules;
- Strong organizational skills and capable of dealing with multiple projects simultaneously;
- Good interpersonal skills and effective writing, analytical and communication skills;
- Understanding of trading systems and basic programming knowledge;
- Proficient in conducting in-depth analysis of trading systems designs, identifying and escalating potential regulatory issues;
- License & Registrations
- Advanced degree in business, finance or law
- English required, French language skills a plus.
- Former employment with securities regulators such as SEC, FINRA, national securities exchanges, and/or CFTC
- Series 3, 4, 55, 63 or 7