Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
We use data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding VP- Business Strategist. Their role is to align client goals with the right data-driven solution, direct ongoing client relationships, and lead a cross-functional team of analysts and experienced team members. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP, you’ll guide internal teams in driving business growth and solving client challenges while consistently exceeding client expectations and strengthening the overall Digitas relationship. Your clients’ needs will vary, and may include integrated marketing, media, CRM, segmentation, and/or primary research.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Identifying strategic data-driven services that will allow clients to grow their business
- Building senior-level client relationships; providing guidance on their competitive threats and evolving consumer behaviors to guide their teams toward the next generation of data-driven experience solutions that drive business impact
- Thinking “business first” and matching client business needs to data-driven solutions
- Building and fostering strong client relationships; being your clients go-to partner for business problem-solving
- Assisting clients in defining data, analysis, and data science needs and developing solutions to solve those challenges
- Creating frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues, leveraging existing Digitas intellectual capital and developing innovative concepts
- Building and executing a client specific data strategy including performing gap assessments, creating optimal state data plans, and building execution roadmaps
- Developing business cases and financial forecasts to understand the return on investment for new business models
- Evaluating new online and offline data opportunities in the form of new sources, new technology, client priorities, partnership, etc.
- Fostering creative thinking around how we use data, and we could use data to solve unique business challenges in support of all Marketing activities (Media, Creative, CRM, and eCommerce).
- Determining new opportunities among existing clients, and participating in new business initiatives
- Providing support, coaching, and training to assist in the career development of direct reports and the broader team
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- 10+ years of experience in business analysis or data strategy with an advertising agency, management consulting company, or ad tech company
- A four-year college degree; advanced degree is a plus
- Experience managing a team of data analysts and data scientists
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Experience with modern statistical learning methods (regression techniques, classification models, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital data technologies (DMPs, Adobe Analytics, digital measurement techniques, site tagging, etc.)
- General knowledge of or direct experience with the digital media industry or CRM platforms are a plus
- Proven leadership ability with strong client relationship skills
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for online advertising and emerging trends in the digitallandscape
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
- Open to travel as needed