Vice President, Business Development - West Coast
Vice President, Business Development
Identify, develop, maintain, and nurture key contacts with executive, sales, clinical, medical and marketing prospects/clients in the healthcare/life sciences industry. Infiltrate and gain access to- C-suite decision makers. Execute plans to deepen and expand Publicis Health?s commercial/medical solutions with key contacts to gain new and expanded opportunities. Consult with key contacts to gain deep understanding into their objectives, market landscape, needs, and pain points. Proactively develop customized strategies to address solutions for opportunities. Sell and close business to move into implementation phase and transition to execution teams.
- Promote and sell Publicis Health?s full spectrum of commercial, medical and clinical offerings.
- Develop and maintain active new business pipeline to meet and exceed all revenue targets.
- Plan, orchestrate, strategize, and ?own? all aspects of the assigned clients/prospects business development initiatives and activities.
- Develop and implement BD strategic plan for maximizing revenues through prospecting and lead generation.
- Recommend traditional and innovative strategies to achieve client business objectives.
- Work closely with Executive and Senior Leadership of Publicis Health to deliver commercial/medical solutions.
- Effectively manage CRM database and lead tracking process for the organization through the SalesForce.com platform.
- Establish and maintain a network within Publicis Health agencies to ascertain synergies and cross-sell services. Utilize life sciences industry experience to promote Publicis Health and its potential benefits to healthcare client companies.
- Where appropriate, work withother agency divisions to assess, analyze, and target potential new business opportunities for Publicis Health.
- Develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and prospective clients, industry associations, complementary service providers, key decision makers, and influencers across the life sciences industry.
- Conduct contract negotiations with new and existing clients.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships within current clients in order to maintain and increase services levels.
- Develop strategic approaches, proposals, budgets/pricing, and presentations for use in current and prospective client interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Working relationships:
- Report directly to EVP, Business Development.
- Work collaboratively with business development support staff.
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure clear understanding of the strategic and tactical direction of prospective and existing customer programs.
- Work closely with Publicis Health Leadership team, GMs and Business Development VPs.
- Maintain excellent relationships with new and potential clients.
- Develop contacts with industry associations, complementary service providers, key decision makers, and influencers across the life sciences industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s degreerequired, advanced degreepreferred.
- Established relationships within targeted accounts required.
- Minimum of 10 years?experience working directly for a life sciences company in roles with progressively greater experience.
- Minimum of 3years?experience in strategic position within the life sciences industry and/or business development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Established history of innovative, strategic thinking and proven sales track record.
- Demonstrated ability to access key decision makers that can approve and drive the strategy.
- Proven track record of successful business development efforts as a service provider to pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare clients preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial sales- field and inside sales and medical/clinical approaches and executions.
- Knowledge of field and inside (contact center) sales and clinical (MSL and CE) structures, responsibilities and hierarchies in the life sciences industry.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills with pharmaceutical and biotech accounts.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Superior sales and negotiating skills.
- Must demonstrate maturity and seasoned judgment in reaching critical decisions.
- Excellent people management skills and ability to align people and resources towards organizational success.
- A wide degree of creativity and strategic thinking is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a changing environment.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects/departments.
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals.
- Ability to read situations quickly; ability to anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and identifies new strategies to address.
Key Performance Competencies
- Sales Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. In addition, Publicis Touchpoint Solutions maintains policies and procedures designed to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Publicis Touchpoint Solutions has facilities. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected. Veterans/Disabled.