The Vice President of Business Development (VPBD) of Satellite Healthcare, Inc. is a new position based at the corporate headquarters in San Jose, California. The VPBD would report to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO), who in turn reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The VPBD would assist the CBDO with certain executive responsibilities, supervise one or more Market Development Directors (MDDs) and personally direct market development activities in the South Bay market. This role oversees the identification and pursuit of the following: strategic business opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and licensing agreements or evaluation/management of investments in company ventures or entrepreneurial opportunities. In all of these activities, the VPBD would work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards.
- In the CBDO’s absence, the VPBD would represent Business Development to the President’s Team and its members, including the President and CEO and the Chief Administrative, Field Operations, Financial, Human Resources, Information and Medical Officers.
- The VPBD also would assist the CBDO with certain executive responsibilities to the President’s Team and the Board of Directors as requested.
- The VPBD would consult and inform the CBDO regarding such activities before, as and after they occur.
- The VPBD would supervise one or more MDDs.
- The VPBD also would work with the MDD to develop a comprehensive understanding of the MDDs’ markets, the dialysis centers, medical directors, local physicians, hospitals, payers and patient demographics.
- The VPBD would work with the MDDs to develop and execute a comprehensive growth strategy, including annual and quarterly goals, for same-store in-center and home dialysis growth, new dialysis center and WellBound home dialysis program development and the identification of acquisition opportunities.
- The VPBD would provide the CBDO with monthly progress reports on the markets’ development.
- The VPBD would conduct annual reviews of the MDDs’ performance and provide growth opportunities and correction as required.
- The VPBD would direct market development activities in the South Bay market.
- The VPBD would work with the Regional Vice President of Operations (RVPO) and Regional Directors of Operations (RDOs) to develop a comprehensive understanding of the Peninsula market, the dialysis centers, medical directors, local physicians, hospitals, payers and patient demographics.
- The VPBD would work with the RVPO and RDOs to develop and execute a comprehensive growth strategy, including annual and quarterly goals, for same-store in-center and home dialysis growth, new dialysis center and WellBound home dialysis program development and the identification of acquisition opportunities.
- The VPBD would provide the CBDO with monthly progress reports on the South Bay’s market development.
- The VPBD is responsible for oversight of financial management of the function and approves expenses for direct reports, outside attorneys and valuation.
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
Minimum Education & Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Ten (10) years of health services corporate development experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to travel
- Ability to act autonomously in a matrix organization with minimal oversight
- Polished presentation skills and professional demeanor
- Must be able to prioritize multiple, competing priorities with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment