POSITION SUMMARY The Vice President, Business Development is responsible for the overall management of the Company’s business development organization. Actively lead the business development function in an effective manner and contribute to the strategic direction of the company as a member of the senior management team.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Strategic supply side and distributionpartnership development and management, strategic investment partnership development.
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
- Understand and contribute to strategic decisions concerning regulatory and legal aspects of various business deals in the US and internationally.
- Streamline processes for partnerships with regional laboratories, international distributionpartnerships.
- Present data, scientific findings and complex information in a professional manner.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Business, or equivalent required; PhD, MBA or JDpreferred.
- 12+ years of business development experience preferably in molecular diagnostics or life sciences.