The Vice President, Business Development requires advance knowledge of the transformation in the healthcare industry including detailed knowledge of the Affordable Care Act and the impact it is having on payers and providers, a deep understanding of managed care; value based contracting, the movement of risk to providers, population health management and both government and commercial Accountable Care Organizations. The Vice President, Business Development must possess a deep “rolodex” within the payer and provider community, as well as, the broader healthcare industry.
This position will be responsible for building and developing the region and requires a true Rainmaker. The Vice President, Business Development will represent Lumeris’ comprehensive solution that includes process, methodology, services, consulting and technology by calling on “C” suite leaders. This is a consultative and solution-based executive sale that requires the ability to analyze customer needs, develop complex solutions and gain buy in throughout large and heavily matrixed organizations. This position represents a unique opportunity to change how healthcare is being delivered in the United States.Job Description:
- Responsibility for their region including ensuring that sales goals are met through closing large deals with new clients.
- Ability to manage large, complex, multi-year deals that are often resemble a merger or acquisition deal rather than a traditional sales deal.
- Support the region and executive team with research, prospecting, planning, and qualifying deals.
- Ability to have dialogue with executives to understand business priorities, and in a consultative manner, relate Lumeris solutions to client needs.
- Proactively call on healthcare decision-makers to develop and foster relationships with large integration delivery networks (IDNs), hospital systems, payer organizations, and physician practice groups and proactively managing these relationships.
- Proactively build your region by building and maintaining relationships with key influencers in the region whether that be consultants, politicians or anyone else that influences the C-Suite of our clients.
- Proactively execute strategic sales business plan for market that will be used to achieve/exceed sales goal; revise plans and strategies as dictated by market changes, sales results and other factors.
- Maintain relationships in your region with clients to expand Lumeris offerings and relationships.
- Sustain a comprehensive understanding of Lumeris solutions, including the process, methodology technology and services we provide and display a deep understanding as to how they impact a payer or provider.
- Participate in relevant industry conferences and associations.
- Execute targeted campaigns around specific functionalities, services, and/or product enhancements.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of healthcare marketplace applicable to Lumeris market.
- Travel to prospects and clients to meet key contacts and present solutions, facilitate meetings to manage and grow the sales pipeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Preferred
- HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- 15+ years developing solutions or selling consulting, solutions or enterprise applications to hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry.
- Minimum 7+ years prior experience working with accountable care organizations (ACO’s), hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry.
- Extensive background in solution-based selling within a payer or provider.
- Deep Knowledge of population health and value-based contracting.
- Strong healthcare system acumen (delivery, reimbursement and managed care).
- Excellent understanding of the Affordable Care Act and the impact it has on payers and providers is required.
- Experience with multi-level and lengthy sales cycles (6-12 months).
- Proven track record in executing sales plans.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills required.
- Ethics and experience in a structured/regulated sales organization.
- Travel up to 50%.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in normal office working conditions.
- The job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The physical activities, demands and working conditions represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.