When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
This position is responsible for all business development efforts and recruitment of new Members into the Excelerate GPO. Excelerate is a provider-led, physician engaged sourcing model that fosters clinical alignment between physicians and supply chain that ultimately delivers significant savings to our members. This position will work closely with the Senior Director of Business Development, Strategy/Affiliations at the Cleveland Clinic. This position will work collaboratively with the Vizient General Manager's and Business Unit Leaders to identify like-minded organizations to pursue for recruitment efforts. This position will report into the SVP, GM for National Accounts.
- Identifies like-minded organizations and is the lead outreach with those interested members to share overview of Excelerate GPO and gauge readiness and cultural alignment
- Articulates the value of Excelerate in written and verbal communication or formal presentations
- Follows up on identified opportunities and keeps the Operations team updated on all recruitment efforts
- Works the Excelerate marketing team to keep up-to-date sales presentation materials
- Coordinates all business development/recruitment calls and works with Cleveland Clinic Business Development team.
- Ensure that the sales pipeline is maintained and that all appropriate opportunities are entered into Salesforce (ICE).
- Participates on weekly internal Recruitment, Marketing and Analytic Team calls
- Works with Excelerate Operations and Analytics team to request manual analytics review on prospective members, where appropriate and facilitates the cultural readiness process
- Works with Vizient Finance team to draft Excelerate proforma in the recruitment process
- Works with the Vizient Legal team with preparing and submitting the Excelerate Participation Agreement & Payment Agreement during recruitment process and is the lead in negotiating deals
- Works with the Excelerate Implementation team on transitioning new members and facilitates introduction and provides proper hand-off.
- Bachelor’s degree desired; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of deep sales/negotiating experience with proven success selling within the healthcare industry.
- GPO sales experience is desired.
- Ability to understand member needs and objectives from a programmatic, financial, technical, organizational, and /or political perspective
- Ability to interact with executives, and the ability to influence decisions the C-suite level
- Ability to drive and close sales – both strategic and product sales
- Trusted advisor / strong executive presence / complex business problem solving skills
- Great facilitation skills – ability to drive decision and bring to conclusion
- Must be collaborative – team sales approach
- Ability to work across in a very matrixed and political organization
- Ability to operate within a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% nationwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.