As Vice President, Business Development for our Channel Alliances and Strategic Partnerships Team at OnDeck, you will:
- Define, with executive support, and execute against a corporate channel and partnership strategy and a structured partner program while maintaining momentum within our existing partner activities.
- Develop and implement a strategy to drive business development for new partnerships in vendor industries, payment processing and point of sale and other small business ecosystems.
- Manage a team focused on channels and partnerships, leveraging the existing sales and marketing organizations where possible.
- Define what is needed across existing OnDeck teams to support this strategy; including product and technology, operations and credit, and sales and marketing.
- Drive projects across a variety of OnDeck teams to successfully implement this strategy.
- Identify, manage, and develop senior relationships with strategic partners. Work with our partners and internal teams to identify expanded solution definitions and strategies for driving these solutions through the partner ecosystem.
- Own the partner revenue number in 2018 and beyond.
Necessary characteristics for success:
- Strategic thinker and leader with a strong track record in both business development and partner channel management.
- Expertise in the small business technology landscape, such as payment processing and point of sale technologies.
- Mentor and leader with a track record of hiring, managing and motivating great teams.
- Data-driven decision maker with capacity to adapt and experiment.
- Effective and productive partner in driving cross-functional initiatives.
- Tremendous empathy for and understanding of sales and how best to partner with sales.
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication.
- Financial acumen and business management skills.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in small business financial technology ecosystems (e.g. payments, accounting, point-of-sale, and payroll)
- Extensive experience (10+ years) with building and growing partnership programs, including onboarding and scaling larger partners and managing long-tail partnership programs.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales in a high-growth environment.
- Experience leading teams of business development and account management professionals to exceptional results