Vice President, Business Development
- Battery, Electrification & Autonomous Vehicles
Career Transitions, LL has been awarded a recruiting project to find a Vice President, Business Development for a premier manufacturer in southeastern Michigan in the “electrification”, battery, and/or autonomous vehicle space. Seeking an experienced senior leader in business development and sales, with superior leadership skills and a hands-on approach in developing, managing, and motivating a team. Boardroom presence and the ability to build internal and external relationships is required as well as lead in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and diversification through the automotive and transportation markets. This position reports to the President of the organization.
Key attributes to Success:
- Lead the commercial efforts of the company to accelerate growth by extending the organizations core competencies to new markets.
- Leverage core capabilities to further penetrate traditional customers and secure new accounts.
- Identify additional capabilities necessary for successful penetration in existing and new industries, developing business plans to support the required capital and knowledge investment.
- Build a partnering relationship with new and existing client’s staff and executive team to facilitate collaboration on front-end design for manufacture of new products to secure new business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily leadership and supervisory direction to sales department, including hiring, training, and development of key account executives and additional sales resource.
- Develop and achieve company sales and gross margin goals. Champion the company’s objective of significant growth through current and new customer markets. Develop detailed plans for penetrating new business opportunities.
- Direct, monitor, and support major strategic sales opportunities.
- Develop and sustain upper-level customer relationships.
- Monitor customer/account profitability, developing strategies to maintain and increase account margins.
- Coordinate and liaise customer design for manufacture activities for existing and new product.
- Create annual sales and marketing spending budget and provide oversight to ensure attainment.
- Drive marketing efforts, working collaboratively with parent organization marketing team on strategies and means through digital marketing and social media platforms to capture new customer opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred with a minimum of 8 years of senior sales and business development leadership. Relevant background in “electrification”, battery, or autonomous vehicles with OEM or supplier, OEM or Tier 1. Executive presence with solid leadership characteristics in leading large programs and managing a group of sales professionals. Proficiency with MS business applications software ( i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint ). experience with CRM platforms. Demonstrated history of leading, presenting, and securing wins!