There is an immediate opening for a full-time Commercial Lender for our Greater Metropolitan Madison area. This position will be based at our office in Madison, WI. Our Commercial Lender position will perform commercial lending duties that enhance the bank loan and deposit portfolio, comply with banking and lending regulations, and contribute to the attainment of bank revenue and profitability targets. Duties include, but are not limited to: develop and enhance new customer relationships to qualified prospects, sell commercial banking services and close commercial loans; develop and enhance existing customer relationships to sell commercial banking services, deal with new or modified loan requests, answer lending process related questions, and close commercial loans; and review commercial loan related financial statements and/or information to comply with bank loan underwriting standards and banking/lending rules and regulations.
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a financial services company based in Rosemont, Illinois, with approximately $27 billion in assets. We engage in the business of providing traditional community banking services, commercial banking, wealth management services, commercial insurance premium financing, life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, short-term accounts receivable financing, and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented, personal and commercial banking services to customers located in the greater Chicago, Illinois and southern Wisconsin areas through our 15 wholly-owned banking subsidiaries.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Education generally equivalent to aBachelor’sDegreein Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or a related field; and
- Minimum 3-10 years of commercial lending experiencerequired, and/or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Formal commercial underwriting training preferred;
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking related procedures and legal requirements;
- Strong written and oral communications skills to communicate with customers and bank personnel regarding commercial lending matters and represent the bank in lending negotiations;
- Ability to function as a team member and contribute to group goals; and
- Ability to use a variety of office/production related equipment such as: a personal computer utilizing spreadsheet, word processing, email and internet access software; telephone; business calculator; adding machine; photocopier; facsimile machine, etc.
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation (including community banking and financial services subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability employer.