Job ID 560759BR
DISNEY CHANNELS WORLDWIDE, A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ENTERTAINMENTCONTENT, SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE TO JOIN ITS BUSINESS AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT AS A VICE-PRESIDENT.
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors, and performers), and below-the-line departments heads (line producers, casting directors, etc.), and to acquire underlying rights for the development, and production of original content for the worldwide DCWW and Disney’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service (“DTC”).
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing transactions to acquire and distribute content from 3rd parties and by way of co-productions worldwide.
- Maintain budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for productions is accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other lines of business at The Walt Disney Company to build franchises based on our original movies and series.
- Significant experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming, ideally at a major US television studio, SVOD platform, or US television network.
- Must possess an ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented nvironment, together with a positive attitude and commitment to learning and excellence.
- Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-closer while holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
- Superior communication skills; ability to explain complex legal and business issues with clarity and simplicity to non-lawyers.
- California Bar membership
- Prior employment at a major US law firm
- Graduate of a top US law school
- Will also possess a great sense of humor and/or have fascinating outside interests!
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.