WSP is looking for a Vice-President for its Buildings business line in Quebec. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for designing and actively participating in regional activities, in addition to ensuring that we win and carry out projects in Quebec. Reporting directly to the leader of the Buildings business line, the Vice-President, Buildings - Quebec will lead a team in Quebec and oversee the operational activities of more than 200 employees, who collectively generate net revenues of $ 30 million. As an essential leader of our company, he will focus on our customers and deploy a market strategy integrating services in structures, mechanics and electricity as well as sustainable development.
At WSP Canada, the Buildings team is implementing an organic growth strategy aimed at increasing our market share. We are looking for a leader who will be ready to develop, communicate and implement best practices to create a sustainable industry in a reliable, customer-focused, profitable company that delivers quality service. By relying on your expertise, you will ensure that the Buildings sector team in Quebec is highly efficient and that it is responsible for growth, planning and financial performance to achieve the company's objectives. You will commit to mobilizing employees,
- By relying on the business line strategy, you will ensure that the desired results are achieved and make recommendations to align the business strategy with the market vision.
- You will manage and build a team of experts and take advantage of its value-added structural, mechanical and electrical, and sustainable development services to ensure financial goals are met.
- You will be very personally involved with key clients and coordinate business development initiatives by meeting with clients to proactively understand their needs and the local trends and industries that are constantly changing as well as project opportunities to come.
- You will manage important service offerings including liaising internally with other disciplines to create local business development plans across disciplines and sectors while managing risk and ensuring compliance .
- You will participate in industry associations and take a proactive role in raising awareness of the WSP brand locally and encouraging other employees to do the same.
- You will create a high performing team, made up of multidisciplinary professionals.
- You will act as the primary contact for change management, project management and problem solving.
- You will determine project needs and oversee (global) coordination of projects between offices, provinces and regions.
- You will manage continuous improvement processes for service delivery and provide tactical and strategic leadership (which will challenge the status quo and collectively set new standards).
- You will review and approve project and post-implementation evaluations and initiate associated continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will budget and optimize the profitability and growth of the company in terms of sales and market share (that is, you will aim to meet sales, revenue, average collection time, utilization rate and operating margin).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES
- Over 15 years of industry experience and a proven ability to build strategic relationships with clients in target markets and achieve growth goals.
- Great technical experience and in the realization of building projects carried out in relation with professionals in order to solve very complex technical or operational problems in mechanics and electricity, structures or sustainable development.
- Experience in strategic and operational leadership and in representing the company internally and externally at high levels.
- Experience in managing professional teams, ability to dynamically lead and motivate multidisciplinary work teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to meet business needs.
- In-depth knowledge of the mechanical and electrical market and field, key customers in this field and associated trends and service standards.
- Optimization of the financial, commercial and project performance of a company.
- Expertise in project management (i.e. project risks, accounting, allocation of resources, use of software).
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knows how to build and maintain close relationships with customers while proactively identifying opportunities in the market for which WSP could offer its mechanical and electrical services.
- Look critically and use facts and data to spot problems, draw valid conclusions, and come up with a variety of other solutions and action plans.
- Focus on results, make decisions and be proactive as a leader.
- Foster constructive and productive team interactions and maintain team commitment to goals and objectives.
- Act as a strategic strategist and be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients, associates and management.
- Possess excellent analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to assess operational problems and use your knowledge to find appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate a great team spirit and strong interpersonal skills while knowing how to resolve ambiguities.
- Have excellent presentation skills, be able to present and talk about strategies and technical information in a way that connects and influences others.