Vice President, BSM Lead Analyst, Rating Agency Relations, Corporate Governance
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
• Responsible for consolidating key balance sheet, liquidity, capital, and asset and liability management metrics, both for Citi and its peers, for presentation to constituents including rating agencies and Citi’s Board of Directors.
• Prepare comprehensive analytics that summarize Citi’s profile across the key areas of focus within Group Treasury, and provide meaningful comparisons to peer profiles.
• Coordinate all governance matters impacting balance sheet, liquidity, capital, asset and liability management.
• Act as the Treasury liaison to the Central Resolution team and consolidate Treasury aspects of Recovery and Resolution Planning pertaining to Funding & Liquidity, Capital and Governance
• Ad hoc projects for the Citigroup Treasurer
The Rating Agency Relations, Corporate Governance and Resolution Planning team within Group Treasury reports directly to the Deputy Treasurer. The group works extensively with other teams within Treasury, primarily Global Liquidity Management, Capital Management, Capital Markets and legal entity Treasurers. The team also works closely with a wide range of groups outside of Treasury, including, Corporate Strategy, Investor Relations, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Legal and Risk, and the successful candidate will develop deep relationships across the firm.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Assist in the coordination of Corporate Governance processes and preparation of Board and RMC materials, to help ensure the timely execution of Treasury-related Board actions and notifications.
• Prepare peer analysis, including regular Board materials and ad hoc requests from senior management. Additionally, on a quarterly basis, provide peer earnings review of balance sheet, capital adequacy and liquidity, providing senior management with industry insights.
• Provide support for ongoing discussions and reviews with the rating agencies regarding major topics of interest to ensure Citi’s ratings and outlooks adequately reflect franchise strength. Additionally, assist entities in obtaining new or additional ratings.
• Proactively read, understand, and keep abreast of all regulatory developments and rating agency methodology changes that directly affect Citi and its subsidiaries.
• Provide support and coordination of treasury-wide deliverables, including Recovery & Resolution Planning pertaining to funding, liquidity, capital and credit ratings.
• Opportunity to build strong working relationships across all Finance functions, with significant senior management exposure
• Highly entrepreneurial role with significant room for project ownership and new idea generation
• Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, high caliber team with challenging goals and a strong commitment to excellence
3-7 years of experience in financial services
Undergraduate or master’s degree in Finance, accounting, economics or other quantitative discipline; CPA certification a plus, but not required
Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is expected
Required skills include superior problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, teamwork, quantitative aptitude, and excellent oral and written communication skills
Familiarity with publicly disclosed financials, such as 10-Qs/10-Ks, Call Reports, FR Y-9Cs and firm’s financial presentations are preferred.
Ability to work independently and multitask under tight deadlines, including coordinating with multiple groups both within Treasury and other departments across Citi.
Highly motivated, intellectually curious, results oriented and strong commitment to excellence
- Job ID: 17076719