Vice President, Brand Development
The Vice President, Brand Development is responsible for leading and organizing work and processes that advance the public’s recognition of, admiration for and loyalty to the USO brand.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- In coordination with Senior Vice President, Brand Advancement, conduct market research, audience development, project management and budget coordination for a large volume and wide variety of initiatives. Serve as lead team member for work planning and development of analytics to measure the success of work performed by Brand Advancement.*
- Establish and maintain a well-defined workflow and set conditions for execution of activation plans related to cross-functional engagement opportunities.*
- Manage, grow and protect the USO brand. Lead all processes for strategic message development and brand positioning through development and promulgation of brand guidelines, branded and creative products and marketing materials.*
- In close coordination with Development stakeholders, develop and implement short- and long-term integrated strategies and campaigns that that support general awareness about the USO as well as fundraising and development initiatives across multiple channels for a variety of audiences.*
- Lead the development of integrated strategic digital programs and platforms that optimize the development and delivery of brand assets.*
- Lead, manage and mentor teams in Brand Advancement that may include: Director, Brand & Creative Services, Director, Content Creation, and Director, Digital Platform Development and their subordinate staff. Perform assigned duties in the absence of Senior Vice President, Brand Advancement.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field. Master’s degreepreferred.
- 15+ years progressive work experience in a brand stewardship, marketing or market research leadership or management role, including 7+ years in a supervisory capacity. Relevant experience in a, not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of brand marketing, cause-related marketing, digital strategy, and project management, planning and analysis. Ability to develop, promote, test and improve on new concepts preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead high-performing teams. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and achieve desired results through others.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency with developing long-term strategic direction and with business support functions (i.e. budget, planning, management) for a large enterprise or multiple business units.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.