The Vice President will have direct account responsibility for a portfolio for transactions specifically associated with the Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Group. The VP will oversee/prepare the structuring and underwriting of new client credit and capital markets opportunities and financial modeling and analysis for highly complex deals specifically associated with the portfolio. The Vice President will oversee continuous monitoring of client portfolios and their performance in a proactive manner. As part of an ongoing team approach to best serve and manage client portfolios, the Vice President will work closely with the relationship team and be accountable for identifying and recommending related ancillary investment and corporate banking products to clients. This individual may also supervise Associate/Analyst(s) assigned to the portfolio.
A) Client Portfolio Management 40 %
B) Capital and Credit Risk Analysis 30 %
C) Financial Modeling and Analysis 10 %
D) Partnership Efforts 20 %
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
A) Client Portfolio Management
· Prepare/oversee capital structure and complete underwriting of new credit and capital markets opportunities.
· Support relationship team in identifying new areas of investment and corporate banking opportunities to diversify client portfolios and increase potential revenue generation.
· Create credit product related pitch books for clients with respect to financial solutions and participate in presentation to clients.
· Monitor client, client industry and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client’s portfolio and business needs.
· Prepare/oversee concise credit analysis and other correspondence for use in managing client financial standing and goals.
· Participate in deal teams to negotiate credit documentation, including, among others, letter of credit reimbursement agreements, standby bond purchase agreements, bank purchased bond, revolving credit agreements and ISDA agreements.
· Directly manage a diverse portfolio of public finance and infrastructure accounts.
· Effectively manage workflow of portfolio, especially as it relates to the timely annual review requirement
· Actively monitor industry developments as they relate to the various aspects of the portfolio.
B. Capital and Credit Risk Analysis
· Conduct/oversee analysis of client capital and credit risk, based on financial statements, official statements, and legal documentation.
· Review and continually monitor performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
· Conduct/oversee due diligence that includes on-site client visits, analysis of business models, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations.
C. Financial Modeling and Analysis
· Utilize financial models for use in analyzing client portfolios and to best anticipate client needs.
· Utilize financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell.
· Generate updated financial models/ analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
D. Partnership Efforts
· Initiate contact with partnered relationship team areas for cross-selling of other Bank products, including but not limited to, cash management, investment management and financial derivative products.
· Participate in deal teams to develop, present and win mandates for new opportunities.
· Partner with Relationship Management staff for accurate, detailed client information.
· Coach and mentor individuals in the Associate/Analyst role.
· Discretionary Credit Limit as granted according to the BMO Group
· Access to Client Information
The job requires the incumbent to interact (advising, coordinating and prescribing) with the following processes and/or groups in the LOBs:
Risk Management function
Other Corporate Banking staff
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This role has direct or indirect impact on the growth initiatives and risk management requirements within the Business Unit, client portfolios and any transactions in which the Vice President is involved. Key contributions are as follows:
Mitigate credit risk to the institution
Ensure prompt processing of credit requests
Ensure all applicable operational, system, legal issues are identified, addressed and concluded
· An undergraduate degree with focal areas of finance, economic or accounting preferred
· MBA and/or CFA preferred
· 6-10 years of relevant experience in a corporate/public finance lending environment
· Knowledge of capital markets, investment banking products and applicable regulations
· Good knowledge of organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives
· Formal credit training and prior lending authority
· Credit analysis experience / understanding of counterparties and products
· Excellent, verbal, presentation and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, both internally and externally
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools
· Ability to work under limited supervision
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly
· Ability to independently and effectively manage multiple priorities
· Leadership skills
· Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients