Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the role:
The Vice President, of BioPharma Business Development (Eastern US) is responsible for leading the East Coast business development function within Guardant Health’s Biopharma team. You will lead and manage the East Coast business development team and be one of the key business builders, meeting potential customers, sharing Guardant’s platform and capabilities and building strategic relationships for collaborations with Guardant.
- Work closely with senior leaders in drug development companies to build strategic partnerships using Guardant Health platform.
- Guide and educate potential partners, whether in discovery, translational oncology, clinical development or commercial teams, from the basics to fully fledged partnerships using the Guardant Health platform for clinical trials, companion diagnostics and drug commercialization.
- Help shape business development strategy and marketing, and represent the function in the Senior Management team.
- 15+ years medical or pharma/diagnostics business development experience.
- You have extensive business development experience and are looking for a leadership and growth opportunity in the rapidly evolving space of liquid biopsy.
- You have proven experience in oncology and have a deep understanding of a combination of genomics, targeted therapies and diagnostics, ideally sequencing based.
- You’ve developed and closed successful collaborations, and brought in repeat business from multiple customers.
- You have an existing, extensive, senior network across our BioPharma customer base, and beyond which you can access and call upon when needed.
- You are able to tease apart customers’ needs and motivations, and can successfully influence them.
- You have strong presentation skills, and have a good strategic and analytic skillset too.
- You have ample experience managing and growing teams, developing the best in people and a strong focus on culture.
- You are entrepreneurial and self-starting, pro-actively chase opportunities, but also work with the team to bring the best of the company to a customer.
- You are motivated to grow the business, not just your patch, and see the broader team succeed. You are able to prioritize and focus on the important, not just the urgent.
- Cultural Fit/Values:
- Put the patient first: Imagine all patients as family members.
- Be open: At their best in an environment of transparency and frank conversation fostered by shared trust and respect.
- Be bold and original: Does not blindly following status quo but has a focus on breakthrough innovations.
- Moves fast without compromising quality: Understands that every minute wasted means falling behind cancer’s relentless march.
- Focus on impact: To maximize their success, not only works harder, but also smarter. Prioritizes the important, not the urgent.
Education: B.A. or B.S., and an advanced degree, MBA, MD or Ph.D. is ideal