The Vice President, B2B Technology is a business-minded steward of the client relationship and is entrusted and empowered to ensure both the clients’ and agency’s business objectives are met. S/he will effectively identify and anticipate business problems and help clients solve them through applying deep industry and tactical knowledge. S/he will effectively manage a team as well as mentor junior staff and will embrace the role as an officer of the firm.
S/he will be the day-to-day lead on a variety of clients and programs, responsible for managing her/his project teams’ performance as it relates to client service and quality control. S/he will understand Edelman’s processes and capabilities and will drive 360-degree programming that includes public engagement, media outreach, message workshops, narrative assignments, and brand engagement and be able to recommend appropriate tactics to clients and lead teams on project implementation.
Key to this role will be the ability to lead strategic communications programs and planning with a focus on thought leadership, media relations, executive visibility, and corporate storytelling.
Experience leading global communications programs and sector expertise in technology is preferred
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive, integrated campaigns with a specific focus on thought leadership, media relations, executive visibility, and corporate storytelling
- Serves as client leader working to develop a strong partnership rooted in open dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect
- Assembles and builds cross-functional teams, driving collaboration and creating seamless integration across disciplines, and bringing the right holistic thinking to deliver against client goals
- Proactively identifies business problems that our clients are looking to solve, ensures they are understood by team, and anticipates future needs
- Effectively presents the agency’s recommendations and point-of-view
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, client presentations
- Develops accurate project budgets using the firm’s financial system, working with internal discipline partners to manage projects within budget parameters
- Oversees work quality and operational performance, ensuring timeline management and deadline adherence and ensuring plan execution maps to client objectives within budget
- Builds a network of industry clients and participates in relevant professional organizations and networking activities that will grow Edelman brand recognition and own reputation
- Manages down, across and up by working closely with integrated teams and by ensuring team members meet approval deadlines and stay on track with deliverables
- Mentors junior and mid-level staff
- Drives new business, including leading RFP responses and proactively identifying and cultivating opportunities
- Develops new products, services, development of IP and thought leadership materials
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- At least eight years of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to manage large projects, as well as teams, on multiple sizable accounts
- A comprehensive understanding of his/her clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders, and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including active listening and the ability to persuade and negotiate, manage competing interests, good judgment and willingness to take risks
- Confidence in presenting ideas and providing counsel to internal and external audiences
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit work of others
- Fluency in best practice integrated communications marketing
- Proven experience in corporate and top-tier business media relations, thought leadership and executive positioning
- Ability to manage and inspire a team and to make sound judgments daily, knowing when to seek senior counsel
- Corporate Communications experience within an agency environment
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).