Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
This position is responsible for leading the AT&T Account Team and managing the overall business relationship between Ciena and AT&T. We are looking a highly motivated, results oriented, experienced leader with strong account strategy and large system sales background. Must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills, possess the ability to handle many competing priorities within customer accounts and possess a strong focus to drive new business while exceeding quarterly and annual order, revenue and margin targets.
Dallas is preferred but position could be located remotely in North America
- Lead a cross-functional account team comprised of sales directors, account managers, sales engineers, and customer service managers in order to generate maximum revenues for Ciena at the appropriate margin levels.
- This includes defining and implementing the go to market sales strategy for AT&T which includes managing all customer interaction, driving solution level sales, and engaging key influencers and decision makers.
- Responsible for devising and executing sales strategy to meet/exceed sales quota
- Constantly finds ways to accelerate goal attainment and reduce time-to-market, along with the ability to measure and track key business results and processes against set targets and against the competition.
- Build and implement overall account strategy that best positions Ciena to maximize its revenue streams and margins in accordance with company expectations
- Develop and implement short, medium and long-rage go-to-market sales objectives and business plans to drive growth
- Able to initiate and develop strong customer relationships at all levels to include executives
- Help prioritize various sales opportunities
- Lead and manage a best-in-class sales team – acting as a role model, coach and mentor
- Major influencer on our global product portfolio roadmap requirements, as well as our global marketing plans
- Assume other duties as assigned
Collaboration with stakeholders
Work within the larger Ciena community to include the senior executives, product, strategy, marketing, legal and commercial organizations to achieve sales and revenue objectives
Areas of impact
Possess the ability to set and promote superior performance against stretched targets and be unwilling to settle for past or current levels of performance.
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle many competing priorities
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to quickly evaluate sales/business opportunities and set direction
- System solution orientation
- Detail focused with strong follow through
- Ability to prioritize, organize and operate in a fast moving, aggressive environment
- Reside in Dallas or other metro area with key AT&T presence
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of Large Carrier Class Networks – to include L0-L3 network platforms and systems, SDN and NFV control and orchestration, network management, automation and optimization – specific to AT&T preferred
- Must be aggressive self-starter with results-oriented and customer success mindset
- Strong understanding of large account sales and ability to think strategically about new business opportunities.
- Ability to make sound judgments
- Keen awareness of market intelligence with respect to competitors
- Budgetary assessment and planning to include forecasting
- Minimum BS in technical field or equivalent experience
- Prefer MBA and/or advanced technical degree
- 15+ years system sales, system engineering, product management or combination preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years AT&T focused sales management
- Strong understanding of markets, including market segmentation and service providers.
- Advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape and the L0-L3 network infrastructure both hardware and software
- Mandatory to have software and software professional services experience – preferably in the IT/OSS/BSS space
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process