We’re searching for a VP & AGC to lead a senior team of attorneys responsible for advising Product, Growth, Marketing, Operations and Business teams on building products and initiatives that influence all aspects of the business, including all 4 lines of business (Autonomous, Ridesharing, Fleets, and Transit, Bikes & Scooters). Reporting to our General Counsel, you’ll serve as both strategic thought partner and subject matter expert for teams across the company. Working with our product, engineering and line-of-business leadership and their teams, you will create processes to help them to bring new technology and products to life. Most importantly, you’ll be involved in the early stages of development to help them understand how to proactively plan for considerations, competition, privacy, security, compliance, regulations, etc. and mitigate risk. The Policy, Finance, and Communications teams will also be your close partners to provide guidance and help identify issues, implications with company products.
The legal issues you’ll encounter in the world of rideshare are cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving. You’ll be leading and inventing new regulatory schemes for products that have never been built before in transportation network space.
- Provide legal advice on general business matters and product, commercial initiatives. Subject matter expertise including product liability, international competition law frameworks, consumer protection laws, privacy and data protection laws and regulations
- Develop and drive comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk and business objectives. Analyze products, business plans, policies to provide risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple markets and lines-of-business
- Partner and advise product and business teams in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of legal agreements involving complex partnerships, technology transactions, and IP-related legal issues. Also, work closely with Policy, Finance, Marketing, Communications to develop external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- Develop systems, processes and team structure to get ahead of any potential issues or implications in products and policies before they reach the market
- Mentor and develop a team of lawyers. Prioritize the team’s workload, set goals, realistic as well as ambitious deadlines to help them navigate our fluctuating and ambiguous business environment
- Work cross functionally with attorneys from other legal teams such as privacy, regulatory, corporate, commercial, and litigation
- Close to 15+ years of experience practicing law in the technology space - experience as an in-house attorney is required
- JD with membership in state bar in good standing and an excellent academic record
- You are well-versed in Corporate, Product Counseling and/or Commercial Transactions and have extensive experience advising on the development of new products and services
- You provide legal and product counsel that is inclusive and considerate of all audiences and their needs
- Experience with supporting revenue generating product development organizations spanning commercial and consumer markets, related support services and direct/channel go-to-market activities.
- You’re resourceful, forward in thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset.
- You work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to align on business goals and outcomes. You have a lot of exposure to influencing and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program