Vice President, Assistant Branch Manager
What you’ll do:
The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is part of the Branch Network where we deliver Wealth Management services to clients to meet their financial needs. The Assistant Branch Manager will report to the Branch Manager and responsibilities will be dependent on the Branch Manager’s span of control and geographic location. In collaboration with the Branch Manager, the ABM will develop and execute a comprehensive local business plan focused on growth of market share and client assets.
As an evolving branch leader, the Assistant Branch Manager will focus on retention and development of top talent through coaching, performance management, and employee engagement. The Assistant Branch Manager will have oversight of one or several branches including having Associate Financial Consultants, Financial Consultants and the Client Service staff as direct reports. The Assistant Branch Manager will be responsible for delivery of an excellent client experience through effective coaching of branch professionals and operational execution as necessary to ensure proper oversight, compliance and risk management of the branch.
As a local leader, the Assistant Branch Manager will be involved in community development in collaboration with the Branch Manager to increase brand awareness through the development and execution of events, workshops, and sponsorships as well as participation in organizational memberships.
Under the mentorship of a Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager will progress through a learning curriculum that will prepare them for a Branch Manager role in approximately 18-24 months. Since this is a development role, those that are hired into this Assistant Branch Manager position need to be flexible to relocation across the network when a Branch Manager role becomes available.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here tomeet our people.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with leadership experiencepreferred
- Strong brokerage and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to provide ongoing employee coaching, development, and recognition
- Demonstrated business development experience with a strong drive for results
- Demonstrated dedication to treating clients in an ethical, empathetic and proactive way
- Ability to build and sustain strong trusted partnerships with employees, peers and colleagues in other work groups based on mutual trust
- Sound operational and supervisory judgment
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to build and deepen relationships with clients, within the community and within Schwab to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated commitment to holding yourself and others to high degree of integrity
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- A valid and active Series 7 license required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required
- A valid and active Series 9/10 (8) license required (may be offered as a 90 day condition of employment)
- Life and health insurance is required (may be offered as a 120 day condition of employment)
- CFP designation is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Job ID: 0606-41398