Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Responsible for the investment performance, reporting and strategic direction for an assigned investment real estate portfolio which may include industrial, office, multifamily, retail and joint venture investments.
- Maximize investment value by managing income, cash flow and long term property strategy, all within the framework of the overall portfolio strategy and objectives.
- Authority to enter into contracts for the properties assigned, such as leasing and management agreements; this would include selection, negotiation, oversight and termination.
- Responsible for the oversight of leasing across the portfolio, including analyzing the value added by each lease and ultimately the execution of approved leases.
- Ensure that performance and investment objectives of assets are met.
- Participate in acquisition process and due diligence for new investments.
- Manage lease-up of new and existing assets with brokerage community and property managers.
- Responsible for successful and timely execution of disposition of assets per the portfolio requirements.
- Identify prospective operational problems that could adversely affect investment values, and recommend and implement successful solutions.
- Compose and review annual property budgets and management plans. Present to portfolio managers and senior management team on an annual basis.
- Review and analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements for each property.
- Perform quarterly and annual reporting requirements for properties.
- Prepare quarterly valuations for all properties.
- Monitor and approve the release of capital expenditure funds for capital improvements and escrow.
- 5 – 8years experience as an Asset Manager or have at least 10 years of relevant commercial real estate industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance required.
- MBA is strongly preferred.
- Preferably has specific real estate investment experience with property in selected regions.
- Knowledge of financial modeling and analysis programs (ARGUS, Excel, etc.).
- Clearly articulate the strategic implications of a variety of financial and operational models as developed.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to interact with members of senior management, executives and line staff in a positive manner
- Sophisticated financial skills and capital markets perspective
- Ability to work with (and potentially restructure) joint venture investments to achieve Cornerstone’s investment requirements
- Exceptional quantitative underwriting skills
- Ability to influence others and win support on critical issues
- Must have strong client-service focus
- Must possess a high standard of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines
- Ability to make key recommendations and decisions
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; proven presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight