Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships. Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone. As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us. Job Description: The Application Support Lead within a Production Management team is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure. Application Support Lead handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders. In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, major incidents, and outages to resolution, the Application Support Lead will work hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure and implementation teams. The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task and can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outage. The application support Lead will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model, some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our AD/Infrastructure partners. Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages.
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
- Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments.
- Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Production Support/Engineering.
- 7+ years experience managing UNIX/Linux/Aix environment.
- 7+ years experience with distributed applications (Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, UNIX, Linux, Java, Java servlets and JSP, Spring, Hibernate, SOAP, web services etc.)
- 1-3 years experience in UNIX shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar scripting languages.
- 1-3 years experience utilizing scheduler software such Control-M or Autosys
- 1-3 years experience apache/tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in hands-on Progress 4GL versions 9.x - 10.x; Web Services, WebSpeed, SONIC MQ and web client technology experience
- Experience handling applications, integration design and developing/architecting web service calls; experience as technical design authority including architecting enterprise class applications and demonstrated knowledge of progress and SQL architectures
- Experience working with co-suppliers and supporting vendor change impacts to application
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills required.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
- Knowledge of Splunk, WILY, Geneos, Dynatrace is a plus.
- Knowledge working in Scrum/Kanban is a plus.
- Experience working with scheduling tools like Autosys/Control-M is a plus.
- Experience supporting mission-critical platforms/applications desirably in financial services industry,
- Experience in creating Project Technical Design Documents, Conceptual Design Documents and handling server upgrades in the application stack.
- Experience with agile development processes including following proper development process intake, Source code maintenance and CI technology (Subversion, Jenkins).
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team and the customers.
- Must be able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while balancing competing priorities
- Must have “Can do” attitude which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
- Must Possess excellent trouble-shooting skills, and the drive to help internal/external customers.
- Must demonstrate sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information, ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
- Must demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance
- Excellent problem management skills and relentless drive for root cause and execute measures to reduce repeat occurrence.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Able to multi task in a high pace environment and drive efficiencies to change the bank.
- Strong ability to act and influence as change agent
- Demonstrate Leadership drive & professional courage
- Takes Ownership and is solutions oriented
- Team player and able to work effectively across multiple teams and LOBS
Req #: 170091037