We are seeking a Vice President & General Manager who is responsible for the profitable growth, performance and operational efficiency of the Ride Control business. He or she will develop and deploy the business unit strategy and leads its implementation. They will also lead the further development of key customer relationships, ensures compliance accountability, manages financial performance and ensures that the company is meeting aggressive operational, growth and profitability targets. Of critical importance, the Vice President and General Manager builds a strong leadership team, coaching, mentoring and developing current team members, and attracting/recruiting additional high-talent resources as needed.
The Vice President & General Manager should be an experienced executive with a track record of strong performance. He or she should have strong customer relationships with key customers globally, will have led a significant business unit with global operations responsibility, will have successfully grown the business and managed it with strong profitability. He or she will be a strong leader and will have built a high performance team with depth in critical functions. This role requires the ability to communicate globally across all levels of the organization, and with customers and suppliers worldwide.
- Develops the business unit strategy for the business unit, recognizing that different opportunities exist on a global basis.
- Clearly articulates a strategy that will elevate business performance and efficiency related to operational initiatives that optimize costs, capacity, manufacturing footprint and the deployment of capital.
- Identifies and implements changes by analyzing manufacturing operations and developing alternatives to continuously improve product quality, cost reductions and implement process improvements.
- Builds talent capability within manufacturing operations by recruiting and/or developing operational leadership.
- Identifies ongoing and new customer and market opportunities, and develops the business capability for meeting those customers’ needs.
- Maintains critical relationships with existing customers and develops relationships with new customers, earning the confidence and respect needed to win new business.
- Refines and improves critical business processes.
- Builds and enhances a high-performance team that has depth in all functional areas, works effectively as a team, has a strong performance ethic, and has the skills and drive to win and then deliver new business flawlessly.
- Is responsible for the financial performance of the business, including meeting aggressive growth, profitability and capital targets. Leads the organization in a disciplined monthly cadence, focusing on key operating and financial metrics and continuously improving performance against those metrics.
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to build and manage a business plan
- Highly developed people skills, including the ability to build and develop strong teams
- Superior communication skills; ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels (shop floor to Sr. Exec’s)
- Strong customer relationship management experience
- Strength of leadership character; ability to navigate through tough challenges and come through it with positive outcomes
- Strong operational background and experience
- Significant manufacturing experience in automotive industry (metals, assembly, stamping)
- Previous plant management experience; leading multiple facilities supplying OEM’s
- Previous experience in restructuring and consolidation
- Global experience
- Ability to travel globally (60-75%)
Tracking Code 179698-846