Responsible for providing effective and efficient information technology services to the academic, clinical and research missions of the UTHSC-H including voice and data networking, records management, server and desktop support for administrative, academic, clinical and research applications.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Develops IT strategic plans, operating and capital budgets for the campus.
2. Maintains a state of the art environment consistent with the Health Science
Center’s commitment to information technology.
3. Maintains an understanding of new developments in information technology.
Promotes the application of promising new technologies as appropriate to
enhance the mission of Health Science Center.
4. Serves as the technical representative on the Health Science Center’s IT
5. Maintains a positive and productive relationship with other institutions, state
and federal agencies and UT System. Serves as the Health Science Center’s
6. Promotes IT standards, policies, procedures methodologies for the Health
7. Promotes record management policy and procedure and provides appropriate
systems and services to provide effective and efficient records management
capabilities consistent with industry standards and state law.
8. Provides cost effective voice and data network services to facilitate
communication both within and outside the university.
9. Provides a reliable and secure information technology environment for
10. Provides applications to support the administrative, academic and clinical
functions of the UTHSC-H.
11. Partners with research IT support in the schools to meet researchers’
12. Promotes consistent integrated office automation among administrative and
13. Manages Human Resources activities of department in regards to: recruiting
and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development,
mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
14. Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal
controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and
efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and
applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are complied with.
15. Other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and complex enterprise.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and
Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in computer science or business or public administration with a concentration in computer science.
Ten (10) years of leadership experience in a similar environment and with experience in systems development, end user computing, office automation, communication networks, and telecommunication. Academic experience is preferable.