Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a start up company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds $9 billion. The company's operating philosophy has pr oven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies” and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
The VP of Ambulatory Services will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the development and efficient operation of free standing Acute Division ambulatory services including clinics, surgery centers and outpatient services.
- Integrates the strategic plan of the clinics, surgery centers and outpatient service lines within the overall division operating structure.
- Provides management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective, patient centered programs.
- Some travelrequired.
The following are the requirements for the VP of Ambulatory Services position:
- Demonstrated experience and success with leading ambulatory service operations.
- Strong understanding of the financial management, business and clinical operations of a medical group practice, clinic and/or surgery center.
- Extensive health care reimbursement knowledge andexperience.
Advanced knowledge of and superior skills in:
· Fiscal management techniques, revenue cycle management and third party reimbursement
· Health care administration systems
· Governmental regulations and compliance requirements
· Computer systems and applications
· Planning, organizing and supervising
· Exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making
· Developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public
· Analyzing and interpreting complex data and preparation of comprehensive reports
· Communicating effectively in writing and verbally
· Human resources management, organization and team building
This opportunity provides the following:
- Be part of the executive team charged with growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity