Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 95 days ago
This position will play a key leadership role in Statutory financialreporting and analysis within Prudential Annuities’ actuarialvaluation team.
· Lead 10 person actuarial team responsible for Statutory, Tax, and Capital financialreporting for Prudential Annuities product lines.
· Production of Quarterly and Year-end Statutory, Tax, and Capital financial statements.
· Lead the development of succinct analysis of results and directly engage with management to explain technical results to non-technical audiences and share insights.
· Implement and maintain effective financialreporting processes, infrastructure, and controls to ensure accurate and timely delivery of quality results.
· Lead Statutory and Tax financialreporting audits/examinations.
· Develop and implement effective financialreporting processes to support new products and new business implementation.
Strategic Direction and Influence
· Partner with external and internal actuarial peers to influence and respond to evolving regulatory frameworks and develop requiredinfrastructure and reporting processes. Lead the coordination of cross-functional and strategic responses to regulatory changes.
· Directly engage with internal partners, external auditors and with senior management on key financialreporting issues.
· Oversee and participate in product development and transaction from reporting perspective to ensure appropriate valuation and reporting frameworks are applied and implemented.
· Continuously improve actuarial talent, raising the performance bar, motivating and inspiring team to high performance and full potential.
· Strategically contribute to the Center of Excellence and Annuities BU actuarial teams, driving a high performance climate across actuarial and contributing to enterprise initiatives.
· FSA, MAAA with at least 10 years of actuarial expertise including leadership of valuation and financialreporting functions.
· Deep knowledge of US Statutory, Tax, and Capital reporting and concepts related to actuarial items, preferably pertaining to Variable Annuities with Living Benefit Guarantees.
· Superior technical and analytical expertise in actuarialvaluation and financialreporting; ability to oversee complex actuarial work in reserving and financialreporting, and independently guide, evaluate and resolve all technical elements in partnership with finance and corporate teams.
· Proven leadership acumen: vision, passion, and ability to lead change, motivate and strengthen talent; facilitate collaborative efforts to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
· Ability to collaborate and influence across actuarial teams, corporate actuarial, finance/controllers teams, internal and external auditors, corporate partners, and communicate effectively with business leaders.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate results and influence at senior management level.
· Strategic thinker and problem solver on emerging valuation and financialreporting issues: ability to research, interpret and apply appropriate methodologies for reserves and other actuarial items consistent with US Statutory and Tax financialreporting principles and in compliance with company standards.
· Collaborative and team-oriented leadership style; proven ability to lead actuarial teams.
· Knowledge of Variable Annuities with Living Benefit Guarantees products is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of GGY Axis is a plus.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.