The Vice President of Academic Partnerships is a senior leadership role within Pearson Online Learning Services (POLS) organization that reports directly to the SVP of Academic Partnerships for POLS. POLS is a leader in partnering with universities to help them achieve their strategic goals, including growing their portfolio of online degree programs and innovating to meet the needs of learner and employer for the future. In an era of dynamic change, driven by the acceleration of the impact of technology, POLS and its partners are addressing how learners and workers are preparing for the 21stcentury. The VP of Academic Partnerships drives business results and innovation, creating a culture of performance for the benefit of our client institutions and the company.
This role will manage multiple Partnership Directors who are dedicated to specific clients and who are responsible for the strategic account management of our partners and driving client growth. The VP of Academic Partnerships will also work in conjunction with senior functions leaders to ensure a strong, collaborative culture that meets the goals and missions of our client institutions. This role is responsible for developing the capabilities of his/her direct reports while enhancing POLS' strategic alignment with our clients by expanding and deepening relationships at the executive levels (President, Provost) of our partner institutions.
- Oversee strategy, operations, and growth initiatives for the POLs partners within your P&L and portfolio of client accounts.
- Define, implement, and drive comprehensive strategic plans, goals and performance metrics to enable the accounts' growth.
- Develop your team's (Partnership Directors) capabilities in strategic account management. Evaluate and drive performance by analyzing and interpreting data and operational metrics
- Foster a success-oriented and customer-service focused environment designed to achieve and exceed business goals and client satisfaction
- Serve as a visible and respected leader who promotes POLS' culture and vision internally across the organization as well as to our university partners
- EnhancePOLS' strategic alignment with our clients by expanding and deepening relationships with the executives at our partner institutions
- Work with your team (Partnership Directors) to identify new growth opportunities for our clients
- Collaborate effectively with other POLS leaders and executive team members to achieve results for POLS and our partners
- 10 years of strategic business leadership and P&L experience
- Demonstrated success at developing and implementing integrated strategies which deliver results in alignment with overall business objectives.
- An exceptional relationship builder/influencer with a proven track record of effectively managing a diverse stakeholder group in a complex enterprise, and executing on strategies to deliver superior results in both the short and long term.
- Strong executive presence, adept at interaction with a diverse group of internal clients along with senior executives of partner institutions at the President & Provost levels
- Excellent judgement, intellectual ability and leadership skills with high integrity
- Well-developed commercial and business acumen
- Strong consulting skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective interactions and presentations with stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, with a track record of developing actionable recommendations from quantitative data
Partnership Directors within given geography