Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeing’s innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety,security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system. The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAF’s nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systemsinfrastructure. The program will be starting under a threeyear Technical Maturation andRisk Reduction (TMRR)contract that will mature our design through PDR. GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the lifecycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised ofcontracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and GBSD the Minuteman III replacement system. Our vastportfolio provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career. This position is for a member of our loads & dynamics team that will focus on the development of acoustic/structural/dynamic requirements as well as component structural integrity requirements (Acoustic, Random Vibration, and Shock) to establish the system design. Responsibilitiesinclude:
- Coordinate with otherengineering groups to establish the product's design environment
- Guide product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, statistical energy and finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop structural/dynamic environments, component Qualification levels and durations, system dynamic characteristics and performance
- Lead both internal and external supplier development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet design requirements and specifications
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied
- Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements
- Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort
- Work under minimal direction.
- Dynamic/Acoustic analysis tasks include, but are not limited to, acoustic analysis to generate external as well as internal acoustic requirements, defining component qualification levels (random vibration, shock, and acoustics), and isolation system design
- Acoustic and Finite Element analysis using statistical energy methods (Statistical Energy Model and Hybrid Acoustic models within the VA-One software tool) and/or finite element methods
- Coordinate with suppliers involving design, development and testing of components including review of test plans and analysis of test results
- Guide product design and verifies component/structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, statistical energy models/finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the design environment, characteristics and performance
- Analyze test data (time histories) and process acceleration power spectral density (PSD) plots and shock response spectrum (SRS) plots
- Familiarity with MATLAB or equivalent for processing of test data
- Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort;
- Experience in LEAN methods preferred.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space andsecurity systems. We are engineers andtechnicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Level 4 Typical Education/Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience.Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700011155