Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeing’s innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety, security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system. The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAF’s nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systems infrastructure. The program will be starting under a three year Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract that will mature our design through PDR. GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the lifecycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised of contracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and GBSD the Minuteman III replacement system. Our vast portfolio provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career.
- Dynamic/Acoustic analysis tasks include, but are not limited to, acoustic analysis to generate external as well as internal acoustic requirements, defining component qualification levels (random vibration, shock, and acoustics), and isolation system design;
- Acoustic and Finite Element analysis using statistical energy methods (Statistical Energy Model and Hybrid Acoustic models within the VA-One software tool) and/or finite element methods;
- Analyze structural response due to silo acoustics, liftoff acoustics, aero-acoustics (turbulent boundary layer);
- Lead development, integration and documentation of structural/acoustic/shock/component requirements to establish the system design;
- Lead coordination across internal engineering groups to establish the product's environment;
- Coordinate with suppliers involving design, development and testing of components;
- Guide product design and verifies component/structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, statistical energy models/finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the design environment, characteristics and performance;
- Lead development of internal and external test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications;
- Analyze test data (time histories) and process acceleration power spectral density (PSD) plots and shock response spectrum (SRS) plots;
- Familiarity with MATLAB or equivalent for processing of test data;
- Experience with Finite Element and Statistical Energy analysis methods and software tools (e.g. Nastran and VA/One);
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied;
- Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements;
- Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort;
- Work with customers and regulatory agencies to define certification processes that will ensure requirements are met;
- Capable of leading and mentoring junior engineers;
- Work under consultative direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This position includes Basic Relocation plan. Employees should refer to Total Access for the relocation hand-books and benefit specifics (My Careers/Relocations and Assignments/ US Domestic Relocation / Access current relocation handbooks).
Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700009178