In this role, you will
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Contributes to departmental strategy development under the guidance of the department head. Broadens the scope of service offerings, improves operational processes, and markets service offerings internally to support client prospecting activities.
- Leads projects involving highly complex analyses of investment products and services to enhance Vanguard's position as an investment leader.
- Builds and maintains dashboards and measures team performance metrics. Implements process changes to increase operational efficiency and quality.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of capital markets, asset management, and the Financial Services industry, as well as a deep awareness of competitors and the performance of Vanguard and non-Vanguard funds. Contributes subject matter expertise to Vanguard's external publications.
- Oversees internal partnerships and the use of external data systems or tools to support the department's analytical capabilities.
- Communicates with clients to provide investment strategies to achieve client's goals. Identifies the appropriate risk tolerance, discuss appropriate savings or spending strategies and provide additional financial planning solutions as needed. Communicates with clients about investment products.
- Ensures that all supervisory processes are done in compliance with SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
A few reasons why Vanguard Institutional Advisory Services (VIAS) is an amazing career destination:
- The Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) industry has grown rapidly in recent years and represents a $1.7T market opportunity in the US
- Our position in the OCIO industry is very competitive – we are one of the 15 largest OCIO providers with ~$60B in AUM across over 1,000 clients ranging from endowments, foundations, defined benefit plans, and corporate accounts
VIAS has the feel of a boutique advisory firm with the resources of a large investment provider. This helps VIAS deliver two key outcomes for clients: (1) strong investment performance and (2) client satisfaction.
- ~85% of client portfolios met or exceeded the performance of their stated benchmarks over the past ten years
- Our 99% client retention rate and our net promoter scores are some of the highest across many of Vanguard’s different business lines
- Five years’ experience in the Financial Services industry or related experience. Supervisory experience required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- CFA or CFP preferred.
- This job requires a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role-specific duties.
- Currently possess or ability to obtain your Series 7 within company guidelines