The Pipeline TD works to help maintain an effective and efficient pipeline for our current productions. The ideal candidate must have great asset management skills and the technical abilities to help supervise the development and integration of creative tools into an overall production pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with all aspects of technical components
- Troubleshoot solutions with Department Supervisors
- Come up with elegant solutions and tools to speed up workflows, alleviate bottlenecks and facilitate production.
- Provides weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies of any upcoming production risks
- Responsible for asset management through Shotgun
- Evaluates and recommends proprietary software
- Helps determine resource and budget requirements for software workflow solutions
- Attends daily Production and department meetings as required
- Keeps up on current technology trends and tools both hardware and software
Skills & Requirements:
- Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experiencerequired
- 2+ years of experience in VFX or Animation is required
- Previous experience as a Pipeline TD preferred
- Complete knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- A solid grasp of Shotgun application dev, SQL, and Qube is an asset
- Multitasking with an ability to juggle multiple projects
- Must have a strong understanding of scheduling, project management, and working under strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with great problem solving skills and can bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Experience with large-scale production pipelines, including render farm management, for VFX or animation desired
- Must be able to remain seated in a stationary position for the majority of a shift (up to 90%).
- Must be able to use hands/fingers to operate a computer and other office machinery
- Will be working in a low-lit environment and may be subject to eye strain.
While we thank applicants for their interest in working with Legend's team, those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
*Legend 3D is an equal opportunity employer.