We are looking for Veterinary Technician for our client in Irwindale, CA
Job Title: Veterinary Technician
Job Location: Irwindale, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Key word to search:
- Research Technician (Veterinary Technician)
- Perform a variety of technical activities required for conducting tests and experiments in a school or research laboratory within the Institute. Includes data collection and analyses, experiment preparation and equipment setup and operation.
- Gather, compile and summarize data in conjunction with assigned scientific
- tests, experiments, etc
- Prepare statistical analyses and maintain related records.
- Operate various equipment used in research studies.
- Participate as directed in experiment design and preparation.
- Participate as directed in preparation of presentations and manuscripts.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two years job related experience
- This job requires working knowledge of research lab equipment and support processes and practices. Includes skill in data organization, statistical analysis and use of statistical and scientific computer applications.
- Veterinary medicine
- Preferred Work Experience:
- One or more years of experience with lab animals, veterinary medicine or similar.
- AALAS or RVT, LVT, CVT Certification
- Veterinary technical experience with laboratory animals, livestock, or rodents.
- Working knowledge of veterinary technical procedures with a special emphasis on
- anesthesia and surgical support.
- Perform a variety of technical procedures including animal restraint, venipuncture,
- radiology, surgical assistance, and drug administration in support of pre-clinical
- Animal models include, but are not limited to, livestock, rodents, rabbits, and
- Administer and monitor anesthesia, prepare animals for surgery and serve as circulating nurse as directed
- Monitor post-operative recovery and administer medications as prescribed
- Communicate animal health concerns to the clinical veterinarian
- Ensure complete and accurate maintenance of animal records
- Adhere to institutional standard operating procedures
- Assist with necropsy and specimen preparation
- Gather, compile and summarize data in conjunction with assigned experiments,
- regulatory requirements, etc.
- Interact with researchers and participate in study planning and conduct as directed.
- Operate and maintain veterinary, imaging, and other laboratory equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This may include assistance with animal